17. our little team

Oh no.

Shocked, Confused and Scared.

Their expressions mirrored eachother as they all watched the building infront of them explodes, soon turned to flames as everything that was ever built, was destroyed.

Vicky took a step forward, her heart tightening at the thoughts of losing Nancy.

Nancy. Nancy's still in there with Thomas and Brenda!

Jorge took noticed of Vicky's worried face. Putting a hand on her shoulder, "They'll be alright, they have Brenda, she knows the way out."

But that didn't make anything better for Vicky. Bea and Thèrèse pulled Vicky away from the area as they all walked down the building until they reached the lower ground.

Jorge had mentioned he has a jeep down there, hidden in the shadows. Soon enough, they all take their seats in his jeep. No one said anything as they walked, Thomas is their friend too.

Vicky took a seat next to Jorge as everyone else take theirs on the back. Bea and Minho shared a small conversation (more like bickering) in the back, Frypan, Aris and Newt doing the same, Thèrèse and Teresa didn't say anything, just staring out at the window.

Vicky had put her palm under her chin, eyes slightly glistening, as she stared out the window. "You okay, kid?" Jorge asks, giving her a glance. Vicky didn't take her eyes off the view infront of her. Vicky send him a half shrug, somehow that didn't convinced Jorge. But Jorge figured, she is already a teen, so that's maybe just her grumpy teenage time.

After hours of driving, the sun rose as it surprised Vicky that throughout the ride, she had a conversation with Aris. The boy was currently worried for the girl, putting his hand on her shoulder throughout their comforting conversation, Vicky was glad that Aris was there for her, even though in the beginning, she was very tough on him.

Not realising the scenery infront of her, Vicky did a double check as she observed a small town, a destroyed town. Vicky was surprised, it's not very pretty but they seemed to work everything well.

The engine of Jorge's jeep seemed to slow down as they come to a stop nearby a building, near the entrance of the town. "Looks like we have to walk on foot. Or else, they will get suspicious." Jorge said, turning off the engine.

The group scattered out of the jeep, taking in their surroundings. Vicky wrapped her jacket around her tightly, feeling uneasy by their stares. "Just walk forward, follow my lead, be nice and act cool." Jorge reminds as they all nodded at his information.

"Follow my lead." Vicky started the conversation, mimicking Jorge.

"Be nice." Thèrèse said, playing around with her.

"And act cool." Bea said, her tone laced with teasing as the group laughs at their tactics. Jorge founds them amusing even though he kept a cool face and a small smile.

Times passed as they all observed the people in the town. Jorge had mentioned that he might have a 'friend' that could help them with the Right Arm's information.

Thèrèse, Vicky and Bea silently walked side by side. None of them seems to want to make any conversations with the Gladers or Teresa.

Bea was the first to actually make a conversation. Even if it's just a random word. Thèrèse or Vicky would continue it.

"This is really exhausting.." Bea said, huffing out of tiredness as she adjust her hat backwards.

"Actually.." Thèrèse replied, nodding with a light sigh coming out of her mouth.