29. omg they are roommates

A few hours after the berg landed, Thèrèse didn't spare any of them a single look — not even Teresa or her father. Only focused on Minho, Sonya and Aris. Throughout the ride, Thèrèse wants to hold Teresa's hands so badly, as she was the only one who understood her. But realising she had lost Bea forever, she felt as if she just makes the biggest, wrong decision ever. That's because she is.

The drivers of the bergs landed the berg in some sort of a big center of rooftop, on top of a large building. Ava Paige was the first to step out, Carter and Janson next, "Alright, move them into their rooms and cells! Now! Load them in!" Carter yelled in order as Thèrèse watched silently besides him. Observing every kid that were taken in the building.

The building was one of the enormous one she'd ever seen, it was bigger than the one she used to stay in the Scorch. This one, is bigger, more shiny? She guess, it's all new like it's just finished made. They were surrounded by walls, this piqued Thèrèse interested as she walked across the center. The kids were shoving in the door; in the God knows what on the other side of the door.

"What's beyond those walls?" Thèrèse asked, who's the nearest her. Teresa followed her gaze, seeing the same gigantic walls surrounded the building.

"Beef-witted people." Carter answers as he got inside the door. Thèrèse gulps, looking at Teresa who only shrugged. Inside, was a lot more bigger than they could imagine.

Thèrèse' green eyes lit up, in awe at the sight of how big the building was. Teresa pulled Thèrèse in, pointing at the direction of where the scientists were doing their jobs. "Girls! Get back here!" Carter scolded. Thèrèse and Teresa chuckles softly at eachother before running off to where the adults are.

Noticing there's no teenagers left, Thèrèse asks, "Sir, where did the teenagers go? Where did you take them?" Carter shrugs, "Oh, nothing to worry about, dear. I'm sure the doctors will kept them safe and warm." Carter answers, his tone not rather convincing.

Thèrèse gave a look at Teresa, she knew her father's intention. There's no way he will take care of them in the 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 way. That's not very Carter style. Now, Thèrèse is even more worried about the kids.

"Well, where are we going now?" Thèrèse questions. "Hush, kid! Just follow us and stopped asking questions!" Janson said, feeling irritated as they entered an elevator that was see-through. Chancellor Ava Paige, takes her position infront as two men are behind her. Thèrèse and Teresa were lastly at the very last back. Thèrèse noticed how they could see everything from above to the bottom. She nudged Teresa, pointing at the direction of the entire building, where they can see everything. Teresa looks in ger direction, wondering what's gotten into her to get this excited.

As the elevator continued moving downwards, Thèrèse have the chance to calculate how many floors they have. However, the height of the building shocked Thèrèse. It was 1,483 feet! Thèrèse laughs in awe. Counting the levels, starting with the rooftop levels..

She couldn't count. The floor was too many so she decided to asked her father, "Sir, how many levels are there?" Carter cursed something under his mouth as him and Janson rolled their eyes. "88-storey, kid."

Thèrèse face twisted into awe, trying to calculate between her fingers that got Teresa laughs quietly as Janson scolded them to stay quiet. They reached level-five of the building. As Chancellor Ava Paige got out, following by Carter and Janson. Thèrèse noticed a lot of nurses, doctors and scientists walks faster, pacing back and forth the corners as if they were in rushed.

"What's going on?" Teresa asked. "For this moment, it's not your problems to worry. For now, we're going to take care of you first, everyone. I will get Odette and Charles to show you your rooms."