22. the girls are here

— "When I first met your father, I tried to kill him."

— "It was love at first sight."

Jorge stopped the car when they saw many different vehicles in different spots, blocking them from driving forward. The teenagers plus Jorge stepped out of the car, forming a circle as they observed the scenery infront of them. "Can't we have a look in the cars? Maybe there are still useful things in it." Teresa started.

"I don't think that's a good idea, maybe we should just move on." Thomas objects, which got Teresa rolled her eyes.

"I think it's a great idea, Thomas." Nancy interfere, looking at Teresa before walking forward. "I agree with Nancy. Let's see if we can find something." Jorge agreed, trailing down the road.

Grabbing the things they'd need, the group continued moving forward and past the abandoned cars, checking to see what's inside in case if there was anything that would be useful.

Staying close to her brother, Nancy had her hands in her pockets of her jackets, while taking a look over her shoulder. Her gaze stopped on Thomas, remembering when she saw Brenda kissed him.

At the memory, she glanced towards Brenda, who is talking to Vicky, then looked back at Tommy, seeing he was already staring at her and she quickly look away when they made eye contact. Nancy silently curses to herself as she moves towards the railing, looking out the mountains.

Teresa saw the girl standing by herself so she walks up to her. "Hey," Teresa greeted, "Oh, hi." Nancy smiled.

"What's going on?" Teresa spoke.

"What do you mean?" Nancy stammered.

"I can see something is going on." Teresa stated.

"I don't know. It's just- since Brenda kissed Thomas, I-" Nancy started but is cut off by Teresa gasping, "She kissed Thomas?"

"Yes, Brenda, she kissed Thomas, but since then, he just annoys me. I don't know why he annoys me, it's just- when I look at him, I feel so bubbly and weird. It's confusing." Nancy explained.

"I think you like him." Teresa sang, beaming happily.

"What! No, just friends." Nancy boomed, motioning with her hand. "Come on, I see how you two are together the other night." Teresa added.

"No, seriously, just friends." Nancy said, exhaling deeply.

All of a sudden, a gunshot ringing through the air had the group jumping while they quickly hid behind the vehicles, using them as shields. Nancy finds herself crouching besides Teresa, Aris, Brenda, Thèrèse, Frypan and Vicky. Bea stucked with Minho and Newt.

"Hey! Is everyone okay?" Thomas calls out. "We're fine!" Teresa replies.

"Anyone knows where those bloody shots came from?" Newt questions.

"Uh, where people shot them?" Bea dictated from his right, Newt huffing at the girl. Bea moves her back away from the vehicle, ignoring the protests from Newt.

"Die and see if I care." Minho deadpanned.

She played along, sending a fake smile at him. However, she didn't see anyone around. Just when a bullet hit the vehicle a couple inches in front of her, she get the chance to duck down with Minho and Newt's help.

"Everybody! Get set to sprint back to the truck! And hold your ears!" Jorge shouted, loud enough to get their attentions. This had the three teenagers exchanges looks, as they get ready to run, when: