50. the not so happy reunion

They made it back to the cathedral. All of them were sitting infront of Thèrèse and Teresa, watching Newt take the bags off their head. Teresa's eyes followed him, meanwhile Thèrèse' eyes froze on the rest of the group; Bea, Nancy, Vicky, Frypan and Thomas. Brenda's in the back but she didn't noticed. There's a boy with a buzz cut who she haven't met before.

"Gally?" Teresa said his name in question, her tone is surprised.

Thèrèse looks calmly over the boy. So, his name is Gally.

"Here's how this gonna go." Gally started. "We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we needed to know. We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?" Gally interrogates.

Teresa felt her heart racing as she listened to Gally's demand. She kept her expression calm, though, as if she wasn't feeling nervous at all, even if she was quite anxious inside.

Thèrèse moves her eyes towards her friends; Bea, Vicky and Nancy. "You guys don't seriously think-" Thèrèse tried to speak.

Gally slammed a chair infront of her, making her eyes snap towards him. "Don't look at them. Why are you looking at them? Look at me." Thèrèse remains silent, clenching her jaw at his behaviour.

"Now, we know you have Minho in the building." Gally spoke, staring at Thèrèse. "Where?"

Thèrèse look at Teresa sideways, giving her a knowing look. Thèrèse sighs, before looking at Gally and the rest. "He's with the others in the holding. Sublevel three." She said slowly.

Teresa couldn't believe Thèrèse's words. She looked over at her friend, wondering what had prompted her to reveal that information to the Gladers. Teresa had trusted her friend to keep Minho's location a secret, just like she had advised her to do.

"Thèrèse, what are you doing?" Teresa muttered quietly, as she tried to keep her voice down. She knew that Thèrèse might've trusted the Gladers, but now the situation had just become more complicated. The Gladers looked relieved to hear the news, as if they had just struck gold.

"How many others?" Newt asked. Thèrèse looks at him, ignoring Teresa's words. "Twenty-eight." After that, Thèrèse looks at Teresa with a warning look, as if to say, 'I got this.'

Teresa could see that the Gladers were clearly pleased to hear that Minho was in the holding, and that there were a lot more kids in there with him.

"Anything else?" Gally asked, clearly wanting to know more.

Thèrèse clears her throat, looking at the group. "The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumb print ID." She said.

"Tell it to us." Gally demands, staring intensely at Thèrèse.

The other Gladers were also watching Thèrèse intently, waiting for her to say the code. Teresa was worried to see how this situation was turning out, and thought that Thèrèse might've already said too much. She couldn't help but feel anxious about the girl's next words, and she hoped that Thèrèse could keep her composure as well.

"Well, even if I did tell you, you won't make it past through the front door. The whole level is guarded. The sensor will pick you up-" Thèrèse argues, trying to explain.

"That's why we have you." Gally interrupts.

Teresa noticed a familiar look in Thèrèse's eyes that made it seem like she was about to say something she wasn't supposed to say. She decided to quickly and quietly intervene, looking over at Thèrèse and giving her the "no" signal. Thèrèse quickly understood the command, and instead of answering Gally, she looked over at Teresa.