38. are you ready for it?

act lll. the death cure

Today is the day.

The day where they were going to rescued Minho, Aris, Sonya and all the other kids and teenagers WICKED' have taken. But the main properties are of course, Minho, Sonya and Aris.

A truck was driving down the dirt road, around the destroyed buildings. In the truck, sat Jorge who's driving, Brenda on the passenger seat while Nancy's in the back, squinting her eyes outside as they came to a stop.

Waiting for the signal, they heard a loud exhausts sound coming from afar, sounding like a motorcycle. Vivian, who's riding the motorcycle, ride past them while nodding with her helmet on, taking off some where they've planned. Jorge took noticed, and nodded with determination.

Jorge opened his pocket watch, checking the time. "They're late." He spoke, irritated. Curiously, Brenda checks the watch on her wrist and he indeed correct, while she doing so, Nancy on the other hand, opened the door and rested her arms over the car door, glaring off the distance while trying to atleast catch a glimpse of Vincent and Thomas.

Nancy got back into the car, giving both Jorge and Brenda a shaking head, with a sigh. The three waited a couple more minutes, until the sound of the train horns loudly in the distance. Jorge revved up the engine as Nancy and Brenda took their guns, bows and arrows all ready.

Putting the scraps metals onto the window, Jorge glanced at Brenda as they both turned to give a nod at Nancy, her giving the same. Driving off down the hill, the truck was soon side by side with the train, the train that hold their friends and other kids. WICKED' train.

Jorge speeds through the cargo section, making it to the front. Both conductors saw the truck beside them and became confused, and suspicious. "Okay, good. They saw us." Nancy told Brenda and Jorge.

On the other side of the train, came another truck into the view, speeding towards the train. Inside, were Vincent and Thomas. "Nance, we're coming from behind! Keep them busy!" Thomas spoke from the walkie talkie, connecting to Nancy's channel. "Got it!" She replied, "Brenda, try to get their attentions." She said to the girl.

No need to tell her twice as Brenda got up from her seat, aiming her sniper at the window. Both of the conductors were shocked at the reveal of Brenda and her gun as they ducked down at her shots. Brenda got back in quickly after her shot, "Well aimed!" Nancy exclaims, Brenda nodding back as she smiled in appreciation.

One of the conductors, stumbled across the floor, grabbing his walkie talkie, "There is trouble on the rail line, send back up!"

Soon, WICKED guards starting to come out of the train, shooting at the three. Luckily, Jorge managed to dodged the bullets as he moved the truck away, shooting through his window.

"Hey, darling. You got company!" Thomas reminded through the walkie talkie. "Shit." Nancy breaths out a curse as she gets up from her seat and pulled back her bow and arrow, aiming her shot at the berg that was heading towards them. With a grunt, she let go of the arrow as it struck somewhere, she didn't see where it hit but the berg was loosing its control after it.

With a satisfied hum, she looks over and saw Vivian, driving with her motorcycle as she rides by, distance from them but still could be seen. Taking out her gun, Vivian shoots over the guards that was aiming at the three, taking her queue to leave as Nancy flicks her wrist.

"Go! Go! Go!" Nancy yelled over as another berg began to trail behind them.
Suddenly, they started shooting at the three. Jorge was able to get away from the gunfire, driving away from the train, the berg close on their tail.