14. mr. brightside

Later, Brenda guides them, leading them across the building. People around them staring at the group of teenagers, some of them stepping lightly to get a better view of them.

Feeling uneasy and uncomfortable, Bea steps closer to Thomas for comfort, the boy grabbing the girl by forearm gently, his eyes not leaving the men.

"Come on, keep up!" The girl' calls back, Vicky could be seen on the front next to her, giving each of the men the dirtiest look she'd ever given, side eyeing everyone who she had walk passed. "Jorge wants to meet you."

Nancy furrows her eyebrows, walking shoulder to shoulder next to Teresa. "Who's Jorge?"

"You'll see. No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious." The girl said, looking back at them, glancing at Thomas up and down.

Nancy's eyes switches back and forth between Thomas and the girl, feeling an outburst feeling bubbling in her stomach as she glances at Teresa.

While they continued on forward, Newt took a glance over his shoulder to see men following right behind him, some of them snickering when they saw him looks back towards them, Newt turns and shared an uneasy glance with Frypan and Nancy.

As they moved up some stairs and into the room where the flash of lightning could be seen through the glass windows, the girl announced to a man that the group have arrived, resulting the man shushes her.

All huddling close together, they keep eachother close as men came and started to surrounded them. The group found themselves staring at the men, Vicky's eyes looks like she want to jump at anyone any second now with her fingers fiddling inside her pocket.

Soon enough, the man turned his radio off while placing the headphones he had been wearing down onto the table, finally facing the group with a sigh escaping his mouth. Even with his uneasy feeling, he could feel a slightest peace suddenly took over him as he studied a blond girl in the crowd, reminding him of his late best friend. Nancy.

"Do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" Jorge questions, his hands on his hips, eyes still not leaving Nancy as he studied her. Minho and Thomas looks at eachother in disbelief, sharing an annoyance look. In the background, Vicky is sharing the same look with Nancy, getting a firm look in reply.

"Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit? Don't all answer at once." Jorge tried again. Bea rolling her eyes, getting tired with all of this that is happening.
"I really don't wanna be here." Bea scoffs, saying to herself.

"Why do you want to know all that?" Nancy had saved them by saying that, the first person to answer the man. Jorge's eyes softened at her, seeing somebody else inside of her.

"Nancy... Or should I say Annie? Long time no see since they've brought you up and changed your name." Jorge's lips perked up in a smirk, taking a sip of his water.

"I'm sorry but, do I know you?" Nancy asked, trying to be polite as possible as she was confused. They all were confused. Jorge's eyes shifted to the blond boy behind Thomas. Newt.

"And Newt," He said, lowering his glass, his lips suddenly frowns as a flash of his friend' eyes are suddenly in the boy.

He snaps out of his thought as he walks forward to them, "You probably won't remember, I mean, after what WICKED have done to you, but, I used to be very good friend with your 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴."

The word parents had caught the teenagers shocked. "Wh- What are you saying?" Nancy said, her voice grew quiet, getting silence and a knowing look in reply.

"I was. I used to be your parents best friends. Your father," Jorge cut himself off to lower his head, snickering as he thought of his happy memories with their father. "We were attached to the hip. Partners in crime. Our little group has always been always will until 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥."

"I used to take care of the both of you," He said, flickering his index fingers from Nancy to Newt. "Along with your little sister, Lizzy." Jorge stated. At this point, they all have quiet down, taking the informations all in. Now, it's all make sense.

But something, or certain someone was bothering Nancy,

"Little sister? Have you just mentioned our little sister named Lizzy?" Nancy asked, stepping forward. Newt doing the same.

Jorge lower his head again, putting his cup on the table. "I don't know much about her but all I know is, her name is,"

"𝘚𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘢."

Realization and confusion seems to hit Nancy like a truck as she moved her prosthetic leg backwards. Sonya? The little girl who had been in the maze together with her for 3 years was her baby sister? Sonya? The one that she'd always dreamed about when she's asleep? Sonya? The one who comforted Nancy with her kind heart after the girls' got betrayed? Sonya? The girl Nancy had taken care of when she have a fever for a week and couldn't run the maze? Sonya? The one who stayed and never leave her side after Nancy's accident? Sonya? Sonya is her baby sister.

𝘓𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘺. 𝘚𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘢.

Her face are pale and frozen as flashes of her past starting to make sense. Her horror face soon coming back to colour as she realises what it means. Nancy kept a cool face and gave Newt a warm and comforting smile, moving to stand beside him and gently giving him a side hug. She could wear a cool face now, but behind her eyes are telling them many stories.

"I assume, by the look on your faces are that you have just found out about this." Jorge said, pointing out at the siblings.

"So that makes the two of us siblings?" Nancy beamed, hope finally decided to be by her side.

"𝘛𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴. To be exact," Jorge confirmed. Hearing this, Nancy silently gaves Newt an exciting look, ready to squeal out of happiness, but managed to keep them in and let out a small laughs instead.

"But, I really want to ask you something.. What really had happened to your parents? Sure, I know that they're.. you know, but I-" Jorge can't even finish his words as he silently pleaded the twins for answers.

"Our parents were murdered by WICKED on the 4th of July, maybe ten years ago?" Nancy answers, her head lowering. Jorge nodded, sure it's a short answer but it answer him enough. "I see him. I see him in your faces." He smiled. Nancy's eyes lit up, as she put her hands on her chest, "Really?" She said, wholeheartedly. Jorge nodded, before a few minutes later, he continued his interrogation.

"Are your friends come from WICKED too?" Jorge interrogated. Nancy was about to answer him politely when Minho cut her off, "That's our business."

Nancy was cut off guard by his statement, moving her head slowly to warn the boy. He noticed this and return her look, as if asking her 'what?', Nancy purses her lips in annoyance and turn back to Jorge.

Jorge was unpleasant by this, his mouth turns to frowning, signalling his head about something to his men. Unexpectedly, two men behind them started to grab Thomas and Minho, holding them down.

They all took a step back in shock, Bea leaning onto Thèrèse. "What the hell are you doing?" Nancy asked, frustrated as she took a tiny step forward, afraid that if she goes any further, they would grab her too.

"Relax, they won't hurt them." Jorge said, taking a sip from his cup, this time it's full.

Nancy really didn't believe his answer but stayed back anyways and watches Brenda scans something on Thomas' neck. Brenda paused as she read the scanner' informations. "Look, you were right," She said, handing Jorge the scanner for him to see.

"Right about what? What is she talking about?" Bea said, walking forward them to take Thomas away, helping him to his feet and take a feet backwards. Vicky doing the same with Minho and silently patted his back, assuring him that he's alright.

Jorge chuckles, taking his glasses off, "I'm sorry, hermana. Looks like you're tagged. You came from WICKED. Which means you're very valuable."

It turned into an uncomfortable silence in the room for them as Teresa and Thèrèse gives eachother a silent look, while the rest of the group looks at the men and noticed that they were getting closer and closer towards them. Nancy wraps her arm around to reach Aris' arms, silently telling him to not freak out and everything will work out.