24. but a mother never forgets

Meanwhile, before they found Prim, before the argument of Nancy and Thomas — Meanwhile, Vicky silently sat in the tent. The presence of Mary was actually really random, so she makes herself comfortable by sitting at one of the chair besides the table.

The tent was already cold, filled with the scent of honey and flowers, it smells like a petrichor – the smell of earth after the rain – it smells like 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦. So nostalgic.

The room was simple, but at the same time, so unique, so beautiful, so Victorian. Vicky got a lot more curious as she inspects the room, standing up, getting more comfortable. She walks over some furniture and desks, a candle decorates on the desk, as papers and medical supplies scattered across the table.

It's messy, but comforting. She wondered who could this tent belongs to and what does it got to do with her? Her eyes glared with curiosity as she observed a drawer.

Glancing around the room, she quietly opened the drawer, it felt so wrong, to look for something in someone's belonging you don't even know. But there's something — something about this person's presence that makes her think that they were calling her.

Vicky grabbed a photo album as it was the first thing she laid her eyes on, brushing the dust away, she reads the label, '𝗠𝘆 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁, 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿.'

Vicky softened at the title, it must be nice to have someone who you can called a mother, she does have a mother. She knows she have a mother. But repeating Thomas words in her head: "𝘞𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘈𝘳𝘮."

Or something like that – don't blame her she actually got a terrible memory she don't even knows how she was a map taker and a runner –

She opens the page slowly, while whistling, remembering what her mother did, looking at the photos of redhead woman with her redhead daughter in a photo booth. They were both making silly faces at first, then at the last two pictures, the mother was holding her baby daughter lovingly, looking at her with a heart eyes, kissing her cheek, eyes glowing with such love you can see it through the pictures. The last one, was the same kind of picture, but opposite, this one instead, was the daughter that kissed her mother's cheek.

Realising something familiar about the photos, she finally realised that the woman 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮! She looks exactly like her — same redhead hair, eyes greens, lips curves. But these pictures, showed that the woman felt more alive, with her daughter. The same woman, her mother.

𝘏𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘖𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙!

Holy crap, she never felt more stupid than her entire life. The same woman in all her dreams! The same happiness! The same laughters! The same story! The same mother.

Vicky dropped the book with a harsh pulled, revealing a pendant under piles of papers. Vicky noticed it and picks it up, not realising the presence of someone entering the room.

Before she could opened the locket, she heard a loud thump. She flinched, looking at the direction with widen eyes as she observed the woman infront of her, standing next to the tent opener.

Her mother — she really is standing right infront of her — holding some pots and pans, for cooking maybe?

The both of them froze. Her mother eyes were dulled, looking like she hadn't got any sleeps, but when she froze it on Vicky. It glowered. Really, it sparkled. As if the part of her life slowly comes back to her, even though Vicky sense something that there's more her mother have lost.