56. find the truth and get us home

Thèrèse nods, brushing some hair out of Teresa's face. "Rest now. I'm gonna check up on the others." Thèrèse softly said.

Teresa's eyes grew slightly misty at the gesture of affection and she felt comforted by the fact that Thèrese was so protective of her. She smiled softly and nodded her head.

"Yeah, you should go check up on them. I'll be okay." Thèrèse had already given her so much comfort and support just by her words and gestures and now she was gonna go check up on the others and make sure they were okay too.

Thèrèse leaves her be before going back to where the other is, still feeling some of her blood liquid coming down her neck from earlier.

All of them looked exhausted, tired and just give up and ready to go home while still being in the berg. Prim is asleep on Bea's lap while Bea's asleep near Thomas' passed out body. Brenda and Nancy hold hands while they keep eachother's safe. Thèrèse didn't mind much about the other boys but she cared enough to send Minho a small smile and a glistening guilty eyes.

The girl saw Vivian, the woman who just lost her daughter a few hours ago. Thèrèse sits down, next to Vivian. Vivian was left, sitting down alone.. her eyes tired and she feels like her soul has been sucked out of her. Thèrèse noticed the exhausted look on her face, she's looking like a soldier who has fought a battle but now she's so drained that she has no energy left. Thèrèse feels a wave of sadness just by observing her and feels the sense of guilt growing inside of her.

"Miss Vivian?" Thèrèse started carefully, not wanting to overwhelm the redhead woman right now.

"Yes?" Vivian replied slowly with a soft voice, looking at her with tired eyes.

She was so drained and exhausted, everything felt like a blur that she could hardly keep her eyes open. She wanted to take a rest now that the battle was finally over for them.

Thèrèse frowns, feeling her chin quivers as all of the guilt comes back to her. "I'm sorry.. for everything." She whispered.

Vivian looked at her and she tried to reply but her voice was all cracked and she couldn't form the words properly. Everything was so hard for her right now, she was struggling so much, she simply nodded at Thèrèse' words.

Vivian was so exhausted and she just wanted to find a place to rest but Thèrèse' words had touched her. They were so full of guilt and remorse and Vivian knew she was trying so hard to make it right.

Thèrèse hold the fingertip of Vivian's finger. "What you did back there, is amazing.. you did all that for your daughter.." She whispered.

"I did." Vivian's voice was weak and she was struggling to even form these words.

She had indeed done those things for her daughter, she had risked everything for her and she would do it again because that's what mothers are supposed to do.

Vivian's only goal and purpose for fighting these battles was to make sure the baby she loved was safe and fine. She had no shame in admitting that, she would do it again and again if it meant her daughter was safe.

Vivian choked on her words, "But I failed. I failed her again. And now I lost her." The redhead woman croaked out.

"You didn't fail."

Thèrèse' words were gentle and soft, she knew Vivian had tried so hard and so she was making sure to tell her everything she needed to hear.

"You've fought to protect her, you gave everything to save her life. You did everything you could to keep her safe, that's not a failure. That's the exact opposite of a failure because no matter what, you did what a mother was supposed to do. You did everything you could to protect your child and it's obvious you love and care for her."