13. pleasing a storm

Vicky was actually surprised that she can sleep peacefully despite the pain down her spine. Vicky's back pain (scoliosis) have been doing better since she'd arrived at WICKED. Them, taking care of her, every Wednesday, she would have appointments with a therapy. She would get homeworks and have to do it whenever she wanted.

She have to wear a brace though, just a tiny one to wrapped down her hip because her spine fractured and twisted to the L word. She was thankful it's not S, that would have her to operated. When she was in the maze, her spine fractured to a C.

She had to admit, even though, WICKED is bad, she's still grateful for them giving her treatments. Which is how she realised they were WICKED. They would make the kids realised that they are safe there with them, with the proper bed, clothes, food and treatments. It would make them think that they were safe there and no danger would get to them.

It was about a few hours after Thèrèse and Teresa's conversation. Not so long after that, Thomas' eyes flickered awake, taking in the light that was far away from him, first it was just blurry. Then, it hit him, they were lights! They did it!

Or so they thought..

Thomas rose to his hip, still holding onto Nancy that was till asleep on his chest. Nancy slowly opened her eyes, wanting to know why Thomas is wide awake. "Nance? Nance! Wake up! There's- I found a light! There!" He exclaims, his voice is hoarse.

Nancy look over to where he was pointed, and he's right. There were lights, becoming frantic, both girl and boy turned and wake the others up. "Newt! Minho! Bea! Teresa!" Thomas yelled, shaking them awake.

"Fry? Vicky! Aris! Thèrèse! Wake up! Wake up!" Nancy's voiced echoed in shouting. Vicky and Thèrèse slowly opened their eyes to the yelling voices of Thomas and Nancy.

Soon, they all were awake, "There! There, I saw it! There were lights! We're close!" Thomas panted, pointing at the distance. They all look to where he was pointed, having the exact same reaction Nancy had a few minutes ago.

All of a sudden, a loud roar and echoing sound had them all jumping as they looked behind them to see the gloomy clouds were flashing just when lightning struck the ground, getting closer and closer to them. Seeing this, the group grasp each of their own bags before speeding towards the direction of the lights.

Despite the tiredness they felt and a bruise feeling on Vicky's back, they forced themselves to keep running forward and not slowing down. As they got closer and closer, they noticed that the lights was actually a building. Nancy sigh in relief, before feeling an arm wraps around her waist, steadying her so she couldn't fell because of her leg. It was Thèrèse, who was the nearest to her.

The crackling of the lightning echoed in their eardrums, getting closer and closer, making Vicky a lot more uncomfortable that she had been feeling. "Agh! Not the hair! Not the hair!" She yelled, exaggeratedly into the air, bumping into Bea who was closer to her.

Bea hold her by the arms, dragging her so she could not get struck by the lightning because of her complaints. Who knows if the lightning hates her and struck her to death?

Both Bea and Vicky felt their ears ringing as they collapse to the ground from the impact. Vicky's eyes widening when she caught a sight of an unconscious Minho on the ground with smoke radiating off of him. "Minho!" She yelled, standing up to her feet, bolted towards the boy. But, Thomas and Newt beat her up to it, holding the boy' in their arms, Vicky reach towards them, holding onto Minho on Newt's side as Aris takes on Thomas' side.

Frypan, Teresa and Thèrèse are shouting for them to hurry on near the front door as Nancy and Bea are already inside. Much to their luck, they were all able to get inside as Frypan closes the door behind them, leaving them all in darkness. As Newt and Vicky placed Minho on the ground, Nancy, Teresa and Bea rushes besides them as Frypan, Aris and Thèrèse are besides Thomas.

Newt grabbed his torchlight, flashing it on Minho's face as they called out on him. "Minho!" They all yelled. "I'm sorry, but I've always wanted to do this." Bea declared from besides Teresa. They all looked at her as she raises her palm.

To their shock, Bea slapped Minho across the face, having the boy to jolted awake, immediately pressed his hand on his cheek, feeling the sting.

Vicky had her lips press into thin line as she rolled her eyes, all of them were sighing at Bea. But relief that Minho was finally awake, "I get that." Newt exhaled sharply at Bea, who nodded at eachother.

"What happened?" Minho asks, still on the ground. "You got struck by a lightning, fuck-face!" Nancy panted, Minho responding it with "oh." As they all laughs, helping the boy to his feet.

Newt smack Nancy' arms after that, warning her not to used that kind of language after this, earning a glare and snorts from the girl.

"What's that smell?" Teresa said, her voice echoed as Thèrèse goes and stand next to her.

"Teresa, watch out!" Thomas shouted as a crank bolted forward to the group, thrashing his arms forward to the group. Teresa and Thèrèse both stumbled backwards in spooked. Nancy catches Thèrèse as Aris catches Teresa. At this, more cranks bounds forward at them, the group huddled in a circle to avoid the Cranks.

"I see you've met our guard dogs." A feminine voice echoed through the room. A silhouette standing near the front door, slowly making her ways to them, through the Cranks.

"Is she crazy or something?" Vicky whispers at Bea. "Something." Bea said, in awe as Vicky rolled her eyes at her.

Soon, the person who turns out to be a girl, reaches them. Standing a couple feet away from the group, flashing her torchlight at them. "You guys look like shit." She declared.

"It's my hair, isn't it?" Vicky grumbled, making a face at no one, touching her short ponytail slightly. The girl inspect them for the last time before turning away, "Come with me."

Vicky glances at Nancy, her eyes screaming: "Uh, no?" In return, Nsncy giggles. When the girl realised that none of them were moving, she turns back with a teasing smirk. "Unless, you wanna stay here with them."

"Alright, I'm out." Vicky said, immediately, touching her hair. "For your information, I really need to check on my hair." She tried to smiled at the girl, despite her current bad mood.

a Crank tried to hiss at Vicky, launching herself at the girl, Vicky hissed back through her gritted teeth and slam her foot near the crank. The crank woman immediately whimpers and back away.