4-1: Touching Grass (Spider 69)

Spider 69:

Taboo: [Atone]

Below us is green and numerous grass.

In front of us are brown trees as far as the eye can see.

And on top of us are the bright sunlight shining through the green, waving leaves, dotted with beautiful flowers.

We are outside the labyrinth at long last, currently in a flowering forest called the Everbloom Woods according to Wisdom-sama.

It was all rocks and dirt in the labyrinth, without any sunlight at all, much less plants or flowers.

So to be able to witness the glory of nature after spending so long there, really moves me to tears.

If I could actually cry that is.

Nai wa, stupid lack of tear glands.

There are actually normal animals here too, just that we can only watch them from afar because of my [Fearbringer], same with the flower-themed Monsters.

Taboo: [Atone]

Sorry about this Fei, big sis should have focused on Stealth Skills instead of my...second 'emo phase'.

Fei has woken up by now, and is climbing and playing among the tree branches.

I want to join, but...um...

Fei: <Come on Skanda! Don't just sit there, have some fun swinging around or something! Have some fun and cheer up!>

<Heh, appreciate the thoughtfulness and/or concern, but I am just tired, don't worry.>

Fei: <Oh, well then, suit yourself.>

And she went back to swinging around like she was playing with monkey bars at a playground.

Heh, how childish, especially considering who you were before.

As for me, I wasn't lying, I am tired.

Taboo: [Atone]

Not physically since I have [Exhaustion Nullification], but mentally.

I have been...'working' nonstop since...the 'surprise plot twist'.

I am honestly amazed I can still think properly right now, albeit I do feel a bit lightheaded.

I should probably take a nap but I really don't want to leave Fei unattended.

There also...never mind I...don't want to think about it.

I look up at the sky through a sizable gap between the leaves.

So blue, so pretty.

The white, fluffy clouds look delicious...

Too bad they are just water vapours, not cotton candy.

Taboo: [Atone]

Nai wa...

I wipe my drooling mouth and look at the nearest tree.

I wonder...Num.

I stepped forward and took a bite out of the tree.

Hm...crunchy...Num.

Fei: <Skanda!>

<Huh!? What!?>

Fei: <The tree!>

<...What of the tree?>

Taboo: [Atone]