4-H: Understanding (Apex 7)

Apex 7:

Since we teleported back to Kasanagara, we have been travelling around to expand the range of potential locations the Rising Star can transport us to, to make it easier to evade Ariel.

In the meantime, I have been doing my best to teach her Draconium, the language used by the True Dragons, passed down to us Replica Dragons by our Maker.

We started with the basics, the names of objects around us.

Both written and verbal, which the Rising Star is quick to remember, impressive.

The tricky part is teaching her the sentence structure and abstract words.

But fortunately for me, she is using the various descriptions of things from [Appraisal] to figure that out.

What many don't realise about [Appraisal] is that you can change the language, something the Rising Star had figured out on her own, long before I planned to tell her about it.

She apparently found out when she wondered what language the [Appraisal] text would appear in for a native that knows multiple languages, which led her to try changing the language of [Appraisal] and discover the hidden feature.

She isn't just a quick learner, but active in her search for the necessary knowledge to adapt to her environment.

More than anyone else I have met, she is the best at responding to changes.

She really is what I have always wished to be, what my Elder wishes for me to be, and what our Maker wishes for us.

Someone who is more capable of overcoming the uncertainty of life.

Rising Star: <So, what do you call when you believe something should happen?>

<Expectation.>

By now, she can already begin holding a conversation with me, she just needs to learn the abstract words used in discussion.

Truly, she never ceases to amaze me.

Hm, I think it is about time we start trying to converse for real.

<What is your name?>

Rising Star: <Huh?>

<I have yet to learn your name, so I am asking.>

Rising Star: <...You don't need to know.>

<Then I shall continue to refer to you as the Rising Star.>

Rising Star: <Yeah sure whatever, stupid name.>

Hm, it would seem that she isn't fond of me in the slightest.

Right now, I am just a source of a new language and a means to hide from Ariel.

But I really wish to understand her better.

I still fail to understand her rage at my surrender before.

Rising Star: <Say, why are you helping me anyway?>

<To help you reach your true potential, it would be a massive shame to let all that talent of yours to go to waste.>

I am not sure what I expected, but certainly not a massive spike in anger surging from her.

Rising Star: <Don't, ever, say that, again.>

...I haven't felt genuine fear in a long time.

Not exactly that of death, I have long since come to terms with my mortality.