4-12: Preparation (Spider 80)

Spider 80:

Taboo: [Atone]

Seven out of the eleven Puppets down for the count, and no resorting to overpowering my opponents like in most uncreative power fantasies.

Woohoo! Go me!

Since then, the Demon Lord has been keeping the remaining four close to her side, likely to prevent any more losses.

Unfortunately for her, she has to slow down to match their pace, giving us a lot more wiggle room to work with now.

We returned to the mainland, with that in mind, since under the sea isn't the best place to train for non-aquatic creatures such as us.

We soon realised that they have placed small fries all over the place to act as eyes for, but that just made it a perfect opportunity to train our Stealth Skills.

By the time we finally found a place they don't have eyes on, my [Odourless] maxed out and derived [Heatless], which also maxed out and finally gave me [Concealment].

Y'know, the Skill I need to finally start suppressing my aura of Fear from [Fearbringer]?

It was a huge pain in the ass I tell you, since the small fries can feel it and tell I was nearby even if they struggled to pinpoint my exact location.

But the days of being unable to be stealthy are finally behind me now.

Still, I have been ignoring the Earth Dragon in the room.

I am still surprised Araba was able to be stealthy at all considering his size.

But he doesn't have an aura of Fear like me, and the small fries don't have [Danger Perception] to pick up on our Danger.

In fact, the small fries just don't have any [Perception] Skills at all, so all Araba had to do was use [Earth Magic] to move underground to avoid them, while I darted from tree to tree to stay out of sight.

What are you, a landshark? That's terrifying actually.

Seriously though, [Earth Magic] in general seems pretty overpowered with all the things you can do with it.

I mean, you can easily manipulate the terrain with it, in whatever way you see fit, even becoming one with it.

The only problem I see is how limited it is in an aerial battle, something I myself exploited in my fight with Araba.

And it is something I am continuing to exploit in our sparring matches now.

Yeah, we can afford to spar now we are currently out of the enemies search area for the time being, and it doesn't like the Demon Lord knows where we are at the moment.

Taboo: [Atone]

Anyway, the main goal here is for me to learn how to flash activate my Dragon Install to better conserve my Resource Stats while Araba learns to use multiple smaller [Dimensional Manoeuvring] platforms in our air to air duel.

I am also trying to practise relaxing my mind in combat, with constant reminders from Araba to help with that whenever I start to lose my nerves.

Of course, being simply sparring matches, my life isn't really on the line, so the calmness comes easily.

Still, it doesn't change the fact I should get used to trying to be more laid-back in mock battle, to prepare for the real deal.