5-8: Spider Slugger

Feirune: <So that's the word for 'purpose' here, got it.>

Interu: <Yep, let's call it a day here, stay safe.>

Feirune: <You too, bye.>

Interu: (...Exhausting, having to pretend to be upbeat.

I just finished giving my daily lessons to Fei about the Human language here.

As for Vampy, I am still trying to up her [Concealment] and having her manipulate Mana at night while everyone is asleep to train her [Mana Manipulation], except more often than not she just goes to sleep instead of training.

I would criticise her, if not for the fact that I have stopped training too.

Well, Majikku 1 is still training our Magic related Skills and Stats.

Honestly, I kind of respect her ability to just do what she wants instead of worrying about what people think of her.

Some things never change huh?

As for me?

Just doing the bare minimum to get by now, much to Arapa's disappointment.

And my own disappointment too but let's just ignore that.

I return to eating some fruits while resting in my bed.

...Nai wa, I am so bored.

I wish I had some video games to play, or manga to read, etcetera etcetera.

I guess I will just sleep again.)

Majikku 1: (The eggs still don't have Souls yet?

It's gonna take forever to get max MP at this rate.

Nai wa, slow and steady wins the race, I guess.)

Araba: <You want to protect your fellow Reincarnates.>

Interu: <Yeah.>

Araba: <But there are various threats to their wellbeing, including Ariel, whom you lack the means to defeat.>

Interu: <Mm hm.>

Araba: <So you need training to overcome these obstacles.>

Interu: <Makes sense.>

Araba: <So train instead of lazing around.>

Interu: <No, I don't think I will.>

Araba: (I can't help but sigh out loud for the first time.

Interu noticed, but paid no mind.

She hasn't told me, but I can guess her attempt at communicating honestly with people didn't work out as she had hoped.

However, it is clear that she isn't blaming mankind for being impossible to be changed, and is blaming herself for being unable to change humanity.

Telling her the truth doesn't work because she has that ideal as a core part of her identity that she fails to live up to.

And when others fail she would blame herself for not being able to account for and workaround Humans' many shortcomings.

So silly and stubborn, she really is Human, much as I would prefer her to be anything else.

Such a shame that someone with so much potential is held back by who they are.