5-1: Bloody Interference (Butler 3 & Spider 83 / Magic 3)

Butler 3:

We were making our way along the road back to Keren County from Ohts.

This road is usually very busy, being the main path in and out of Sariella, that is until the recent trade and travel restrictions imposed by Ohts.

The heavy traffic meant that bandit attacks were unlikely, but that is no longer the case.

Still, we believed things to be peaceful as usual, and let our guard down.

A huge mistake, as we were then ambushed by an overwhelming number of bandits not long after we entered the woods known as the Energy Maples.

"Protect the carriage!"

I shouted to get the dazed guards to come to their senses.

And that they did, but even with 25 of us defending the Kerens, we are still outnumbered as the bandits attack from all sides.

Sounds of weapons clashing and the callouts between the guards echo all around me, as do screams of pain from both sides of the battle.

I must admit, I am struggling to get myself to leave the driver seat to fight too, despite the fact I have my sword drawn.

I am the head butler of the Keren Mansion, I am usually too busy with helping out with pretty much everything to train for combat.

I am underprepared for this kind of situation.

Still, it matters not how scared or weak I am, I must do what I can to protect the ones I love.

"Sir, you need to flee at once-Argh!"

Master: "Merazophis!"

Before I could finish my sentence, I was stricken in the back.

I think I got hit by an arrow.

Someone: "Look out for archers!"

And to confirm my suspicion, probably one of the guards warned us.

But too little too late.

One arrow to the back was enough to knock me off the carriage.

As I struggled on the ground to get back up, my body gave up and I collapsed on the ground.

My consciousness followed, my vision fading away.

Just like that, one single arrow and I am done?

I couldn't even do anything to help.

As my senses dull, I believe the guards to be losing.

My Master never had time to train with his work, my Mistress just recently underwent [Skill Elimination] and the Young Miss is just a baby.

Which means they will be at the mercy of these horrible Monsters pretending to be Humans.

No, not like this, I can't let them...

???: "Merazophis? Are you okay?"

...Huh?

What happened?

???: "Merazophis?"

"Sir?"

Master: "Yes, it's me, are you okay?"

"I...thought I died?"

Master: "You got hit by a Poison arrow, but you survived thanks to um..."