5-D: Vampire (Vampire 7)

Vampire 7:

It has been weeks since the Nightmares or whatever moved in next to town.

From what I managed to overhear, they haven't done anything but apparently removed all the bandits in the surrounding area.

Glad as I am for that, the fact that they can do so so easily when I still remember how bandits overwhelmed us on the road is scary.

Who is to stop them if they decide to do anything bad?

And being a baby, there is literally nothing I can do right now.

I hate this, and my new mother is not making things easier with how zealous she is about them.

She thinks the spider and the Dragon to be the Origin Taratect and Black Dragon who served the Goddess Sariel as depicted in the religion.

Something about how they have come to answer our prayers or whatever.

Yeah right, why now of all times?

They could have done that any time right?

...It wouldn't have anything to do with me, could it?

...Nah, I hope not.

I am just trying to live my life here, I don't need some weird destiny shit throwing a wrench into my plan.

It's probably just coincidences, a pretty strange and unlikely set of them but still.

Still seems more likely than the possibility that I have anything to do with this.

It's the afternoon right now.

My new mother is taking care of me in the lounge as usual.

Merazophis would be here too, but ever since our run in with the bandits, he has been training on how to fight with a sword instead.

He doesn't want to be unprepared for such a dangerous situation again, he said.

And I wholeheartedly agree, if only I can do something as a baby that is under constant watch.

Then suddenly, words just appear in my head.

And the text is Japanese!

What the heck is going on!?

???: <Testing, blink twice if you can see this.>

Um...

I close my eyes, and the text is still there.

I then looked up at my new mother, who was half asleep rocking back and forth in the chair with me in her arms.

Doesn't seem like she is experiencing this too.

Wait, are the Nightmares doing this?! Am I safe?!

I am on the verge of tears here, but I am too afraid to cry too!

...After a while, nothing has happened yet.

But the text isn't going away either.

Uh...I blink twice just to see if it would go away.

???: <Okay, use your Skill Points to buy [Appraisal].

Important Note! Read This!:

Don't use the Skill on anyone but yourself, one can tell when they are being appraised so you don't want to accidentally cause a commotion.>

Huh?

I know about Skill Points, but from what I heard, people aren't born with them and must acquire them through levelling up.

So I have them already or something? Not that I know how to check.