5-7: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back (Spider 89 / Magic 9)

Spider 89 / Magic 9:

Interu: (Okay, so um, what the fuck did I decided to just go to the middle of town without a plan?!

Now I am surrounded by people, and I am just completely frozen up here!

I want to leave so badly, but I am trying to...do something to clear things up a bit.

But like, do I tell them everything?

What should and shouldn't I say?

If I betray their expectations for me, what will they do?!

I don't know everyone here enough to know what will happen!

And why didn't I at least prepare a speech first back at the nest where I am not under the watch of thousands of eyes?!

Am I that desperate to overcome the problem at hand that I just threw myself at it and hope for the best?!

Well, yeah, that's exactly what I just did, and now I am cursing myself for being so impulsively stupid!)

Someone: "How many times have you come to pray today?"

Another Someone: "15 times, I am sure to be blessed."

Interu: D-did I hear that right?

15 times?! What the hell?!

Okay, A, you are crazy.

And B, how long have I been standing here?!

Majikku 1: You have been here all morning, frozen up.

Only now are you starting to regain your composure enough to comprehend your surroundings.

Interu: So um, does that count as progress?

I mean, I went from being so overwhelmed that I shutdown completely to barely holding it together.

Majikku 1: Right...just forget about how you did something similar at the start of middle school.

Interu: Oh fuck you, that's the last thing I need to remember right now!

Nai wa! Now I am getting traumatic flashbacks, noooooooooo!

Majikku 1:(The fact people don't question why Interu has been standing so still and ignoring everyone this entire time really shows how deep into the rabbit hole of religious zealousness they are.)

Some Mother: "Oh Divine Beast, will you hold my child?"

Interu: Whoa whoa chill!

Hit the brakes pal!

This is starting to become a cult!

Majikku 1: Why don't you say it out loud?

Interu: You want me to...

Majikku 1: Come on, say it.

What did That say about being paralysed by fear?

Interu: I-I...It's a lot harder than it looks alright!

If you're so confident, why don't you do it?!

Majikku 1: Well um, I don't care about educating the ignorant masses about the truth of the situation.

It's their fault for being dumb and impulsive with their beliefs.

This is your battle, I am just a bystander.

Interu: Excuses, excuses, excuses!

This was our mentality in our past life, made to shield ourselves from responsibility and failure!