5-9: Here Comes Trouble

Interu: (By now, most of the leaves have fallen off the trees here.

Clear signs that there will be snow this winter here.

I mean, judging by how the ring is positioned in the night sky, I think we are far enough south from the equator for snow.

Anyway, looks like they have built a small altar to place their offerings, aka fruits.

But seriously, we have more than enough, they need to save them for winter.

Y'know, freezing them with [Ice Magic], placed in storage, thawing with [Fire Magic] when you need them?

Kind of like these businesses that you pay to store things for you, but with food so it's more like renting a refrigerator.

Interesting to see the kind of businesses that are around with the use of Skills in the mediaeval era.

And yeah, I have [Ice] and [Electricity Magic] now too through the usual method of copying from someone else doing it.

Which means, I have all eight primary elements of Magic in the System, Fire, Water, Wind, Ice, Earth, Electricity, Light and Dark.

Ha, what am I, the AvatarX2?

Y'know, 4 times 2 equals 8?

...

Why am I still talking to myself when I have my [Multi-Minds] and Arapa to talk to?

Well, the [Multi-Minds] are me so either they find it funny cause it's bad which is the same as laughing at my own jokes, or they criticise me for telling bad jokes in the first place, like I would via Inner Critic.

And Arapa wouldn't get it to begin with, not even if I explain the joke, he seems like the type of guy without a sense of humour.

But at least he's more willing to entertain me by playing baseball with me.

Not actual baseball, we don't have enough people for that, just tossing the ball back and forth and batting sometimes, toned down of course, don't want a repeat of you know what.

Come to think of it, I didn't get to play real baseball in my past life either, just babies' first baseball for kindergarteners.

I wonder if my classmates and Miss Oka would indulge me, once I found enough of them that is.

But what would they think of me then, I never put any effort into PE so I came off as someone uninterested in it.

It would be out of character, then they are likely to confront me about it and-I don't even think about it, forget the useless idea.

Doesn't matter to anyone but me, doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

But what does matter is the food supply situation of the town.

...Alright, that's it, I am putting up a sign to tell them to stop the offerings explaining that I have enough to last me a good while and they should keep them to themselves for winter.

I grabbed some wood to make a sign out of and carve the words onto it.

<Thank you for the fruits, but we have more than enough.

Save them for lasting through the winter.>

Then I teleport to the altar, there are some people here.

They even stationed some guards here, to protect the offerings I guess.

It's not like they can protect me from anything that is strong enough to harm me