4-6: Surprise Visit (Spider 74 & Taratect 4)

Spider 74:

Taboo: [Atone]

That was close, I almost forgot to come up with a cover story to maintain my disguise as Skanda, however lazy the excuse I thought up ultimately is.

But then I got carried away trying to redirect the conversation and forgot Fei is nowhere near strong enough to meddle with ancient ruins or whatever.

Seriously, for all I know the contraption could have triggered a boss fight.

I could have gotten Fei killed because of my reckless curiosity.

Nai wa, I really need to be more careful about these things.

Well, at least that is all sorted for now I suppose.

Fei should be able to take care of herself, hopefully.

I don't want to be a worrywart 24/7, sounds like hell...

And saying that just makes me feel like sheet for wanting to be irresponsible and not give a duck about someone I am supposed to be looking after.

No no, it's fine, it's like she said, I need to take a break from time to time.

Otherwise I am just gonna run myself ragged, and become useless.

With that in mind, back to building my super awesome sandcastle!

It doubles as a way to train my [Earth Magic] too, so I have the perfect excuse as well against slacking off.

Let's see, I should add a moat...some shells to decorate...

Taboo: [Atone]

And oh! A flag to add to the top!

Behold, my glorious masterpiece!

It's even big enough for me to use this as a house, so it's practical as well!

Though I should probably reinforce it with [Earth Magic] and [Energy Conferment] so the waves won't wash it away, but hey, that just means more Proficiency, so you can't say I am wasting my time here, take that haters!

...Nai wa, do I really hate myself that much? Yeesh, I have issues.

I said to my imaginary audience, who are hopefully laughing at my self-deprecating joke.

...Okay, instead of being deranged again, I should do something else.

I don't like being alone with my thoughts.

Let's see...Fishing! I should try fishing!

Never lived anywhere near any fishable bodies of water in Japan, now I get to finally try it first hand.

I am so excited!

So I made a boat by sticking together a bunch of sticks with thread, then reinforced it with Skills.

Same with the fishing rod, completed with a string wheel and turn handle, pretty proud of myself for this one.

The engineer, is engi-here, heh.

Taboo: [Atone]

Attach some food onto the hook and in the waters it goes.

...I am now sitting in my boat, floating on the pink sea near the pink beach, waiting impatiently for a bite...

Nai wa, this is beyond boring.

And nowhere near stimulating enough to distract me from my own thoughts...