5-6: My Worst Nightmare (Spider 88 / Magic 8)

Spider 88 / Magic 8:

(So um, accepting those fruits the Adventurers gave us might have been a bad call.

Why? Well, before that I should mention that we have learnt enough about the Human language here to have a good grasp of what's going on.

Combine that with some espionage, and we learnt that we are at Keren County, an important part of the country Sariella, acting as the main hub for travelling in and out of the country.

More importantly, the religion of this country, the Goddess Faith, revolves around the worship of Sariel and the Divine Beasts that serve under her.

And yes, the very same Sariel that has been acting as the planet's life support.

There are even mentions of a great sacrifice she made to save the world.

But that's besides the point.

In particular, among the Divine Beasts are the Origin Taratect and the Black Dragon.

Sounds familiar?

Yep, they are the Demon Lord and Kuro respectively.

So the lore's interesting and all that junk, but what does that have to do with the mistake I made?

Let's see, there's us, a spider Monster, and Arapa, a Dragon.

I have killed all bandits in the local area, given out free supplies, and don't forget the time I saved the local lord's family.

All these good deeds I did has made people believe me and Arapa to be the Origin Taratect and the Black Dragon.

Like, are you guys blind?

We are not a Taratect anymore, and Arapa's blue, not black.

How the hell did we get mistaken for our makers?

I know Monsters helping people must be a rare occurrence but don't you guys think you're jumping the gun here?)

Majikku 1: (Delusional fanatics, sooner or later they will do something terrible in the name of their constructed fiction that they have mistaken for fact.)

Interu: (Nai wa, at least the local lord himself, John I think he is called, and has remained very sceptical and cautious of us, which is the 'correct response' to quote Arapa.

Too bad his wife Seras has pretty much single handedly convinced almost everyone that we are the Divine Beasts.

And finally, the Adventurers came from some place called Ohts to investigate a Monster migration.

Alright, I confess, that one is our fault for trying to level up [Intimidation] on the local Monsters.

Heh heh heh...um, sorry.

Anyway, included among them are the same Adventurers we once saved, and we accepted some fruits from them.

They then must have gone around town telling people about everything they know of us and now people are offering up fruits for us.

Ahahaha, it's bad enough to be mistaken for a divine being, now we are actively being worshipped too.

I can practically smell the bad feeling that things will go horribly wrong with this much religious zealousness.

And worst of all, I am in the spotlight now.

With sky high expectations placed on me by society and such? Yeah...