5-4: Back to School (Spider 86 / Magic 6)

Spider 86 / Magic 6:

Interu: (It's the dead of night.

The city is sound asleep.

Out on the streets, a pale blur moves among the shadows.

Stopping in front of the public school library.

Before the mysterious entity is a sign.

Probably saying something about how you shouldn't enter and stuff.

And to that I say...)

Ha! That sign can't stop me because I can't read!

Majikku 2-9: Lol.

Majikku 1: (-_-)

Interu: (Anyway, I Blinked inside and picked a bunch of random books from the shelfs before teleporting back to Arapa at the nest.

Absolutely no idea what the text is saying, but that's exactly what we are trying to figure out.

At least, I am.)

Majikku 2-9: No, we don't wanna learn...

Majikku 1: Tsk, lazybones, this is important.

Interu: Oh? I am surprised you care.

Majikku 1: Of course, information is crucial to decision making, any means to gather more are welcomed.

Interu: Yeah, exactly, I am glad we agree.

Just ignore how readily you are to jump the gun and kill everyone you meet.

Majikku 1: I am talking about gathering information to better plan an approach to a problem, not what the problem is.

Interu: Yeah yeah whatever you say buddy.

Majikku 1: Tsk.

Interu: (Nai wa, what am I gonna do with you?

Being the eldest sister is hard.

Like, it's easy if they are well behaved to begin but what about stubborn brats like this?

You don't resonate enough with them for them to listen to you.

Why do I have to deal with this?

Can't I just ditch them somehow?

If only I could trust them not to cause trouble that is.

Anyway, I placed a tower of books between us and Arapa and took the top one to start deciphering with the help of Wisdom-sama.

Or I would be, if I didn't notice his utter disinterest in the books.)

<Wait, you already know their language or something, Arapa?>

Arapa / That: <No, and I don't intend to waste my time learning their language.

We should really heading towards Lost Neon right now, not sit around doing nothing of note.>

Majikku 1: Yeah, I kind of agree with him.

Interu: <But we aren't doing nothing here, we are guarding Vampy from those sus Elves and gathering information about the world we don't know much about.>

Arapa / That: <You already know what there is that you need to know.

Humanity is not worth your time.>

Majikku 1: Exactly.

Interu: <Nai wa, for someone who preaches self improvement, you sure are quick to dismiss the value of daring to see if your understanding of the world holds up.>

Arapa / That: <...Very well then.>

Interu: (With that, Arapa used his recently acquired [Telekinesis] to pick up a book to start deciphering with me and Majikku 1.

Wise and smart as he is, his pride in being a Dragon makes him dismissive of Humans.

But it is easy enough to get him to widen his perspective by challenging his ego.

Heh, that's pretty dumb of him.

Anyway, despite our best efforts, we didn't make much progress.

As the dawn came and the city awakened, I returned the books to the school library to avoid any commotion caused by their disappearance.

While I was there I got the idea to hide in the shadows and sit in on the classes to learn the language, so I did just that.

Idk about what the education system was like in mediaeval times, but all things considered, the education system of this world, or at the very least this school in particular, isn't too far off from what we have in modern day Earth I think.

I mean, it seems to me all the kids get to go to school for starters, except for the refugees being looked after at the church at the moment.

They are still settling in, it's not something that can be done in a day's time after all.

And so, over the coming days, we deciphered the Human language with whatever resources we have access to.

Wisdom-sama, the books, the classes and with threads too thin for the average eye to see strung everywhere to listen in on what people have to say.

We are far from understanding everything, but progress is still progress.

Heh, Arapa has been working even harder than us on this.

Guess that comment of mine really struck a nerve.

...I feel like I am forgetting something.

Nai wa, maybe I should finally buy that [Memory] Skill.

Better do it before I forget then.)

...Oh yeah! Vampy!

I am supposed to come up with a plan to help her with her situation!

But how?

Majikku 1: Took you long enough, I thought you forgot about it and I was right.

(And you are supposed to be the good guy who saves the day?

You really think you have what it takes?

You really think you are that special, that you will be different from all those before you?)

Interu: Wait, then why didn't you remind me, it was you who told me to actually come up with a plan.

Majikku 1: Does it look like I care enough to remind you?

Interu: ...Nai wa, why are you like this?

(And knowing Arapa, he probably didn't care enough to remind me either.

So anyway, a way to help Vampy, hm...)