4-3: Spider Escape (Wyrm 12 & Spider 71)

Wyrm 12:

It's a bright, cheerful morning.

Really, Skanda-sama is a lot more upbeat now.

I knew some sleep would do him a lot of good.

Heck, he made us some matching flower crowns that will last forever since it is made with Everbloom Flowers.

He looks kind of silly wearing one, not gonna lie.

Especially since the size is better suited for me, so it's a bit too small for him.

And now he is humming some catchy tunes I don't know.

Heh, aren't you supposed to be way older than me?

Now I feel like I am the adult here.

But hey, looks like things are finally returning to normal, for which I am glad.

We are on our way to the mountain in the distance.

Since we have been taking things slow, we haven't made much progress through the Everbloom Woods.

We could probably get there in no time at all if I rode on Skanda-sama's back so he could run and teleport at full speed.

Not that I am complaining, I enjoy our casual stroll through this pretty forest.

Skanda-sama is enjoying this too, and he definitely needs it after his...'rage episode' shall we say?

Is there a better term for that actually?

...I don't know, never really paid much attention to mental health stuff.

Then suddenly, Skanda-sama stood still and stopped his humming.

I was about to ask what's wrong when he dashed towards me.

<Wah!?>

I screamed as thoughts raced through my mind.

No no no! No more sparring!

But instead of attacking me, he just grabbed me and dove far off to the side just as the ground shaked furiously, followed by a beam shooting out of the earth right where we were just a moment ago.

Trees and debris flew everywhere, but Skanda-sama shielded us with [Earth Magic].

Skanda-sama simply wanted to protect me from whatever that was, not hurt me.

I am glad my fear of him reverting back into...'that' didn't come true.

But that revelation hardly eases my heart in the face of this new danger.

And before I could do anything, Skanda-sama put me on his back, tied me down with threads and dashed off at ridiculous speed.

I would have no doubt fallen off if I wasn't secured.

But something that Skanda-sama has to run from?

The thought sends shivers down my spine.

I mean, I know he talks about it all the time pre-[Taboo] to get me to be more cautious but-

Skanda-sama: <Listen up Fei! Run and never turn back!>

<Huh!? Wha->

And in a flash, I am no longer on his back.

I am now alone, elsewhere in the middle of the forest.

What just-

Skanda-sama: <Run! Just run as I divert her away!>