5-H: Weapon Creation

Razraz: (Another day of training for my eventual rite of passage into adulthood down.

And as per usual, we returned home to have dinner.

We said our prayers and dug in.

We are each having a large piece of meat along with a bowl of vegetable soup.

Not as good as food from my past life, but not bad either.

Besides, beggars can't be choosers, I knew that from the start so I never really complained or even dwell on it.

Still, the piece of meat we are having is very tough again.

Every time, I had to chew for a long time just to be able to tear any of it off to be eaten.

It's good exercise for my jaws and teeth I guess, but at this point it's just tedious.

I could be doing some real training with the time I am wasting on trying to eat this thing.

If only I had a good knife to cut it into pieces with ease.

And as if someone was reading my thoughts, a knife appeared in front of me and dropped onto the table.

Everyone, me included, were surprised by this.

After some speculation, I asked my Goblin parents to alert the village elder, and he brought an Appraisal Stone.

A quick check and it turns out I have a Skill called [Weapon Creation].

I remembered how the isekai Kanata liked to read usually have some sort of gimmick to set them apart, and more often than not in the form of some special ability or condition that the protagonist has.

That's what gave me the hunch that I have something like that when the knife spawned from what's seemingly my thoughts.

Anyway, with the awareness of such a Skill, I soon took to making better tools for the village to use.

For the fighters, it's as simple as making the weapons they want, but I found that more advanced weaponry like guns can't be created no matter how hard I tried.

But the weapons I can make are still better than the ones the hunters were using, so it's still an upgrade.

For everyone else, it's a little trickier, still I can only make weapons, not any tool I can think of, the only tools I can make are the ones that are commonly treated as weapons as well.

For example, I can make a fork but not a spoon, the former being more of a weapon, enough so to be counted as one.

And as I consume MP to make weapons, not only am I training my MP related Skills and the Stat itself, my [Weapon Creation] is also levelling up, allowing for better weapons to be made.

Overall, this fits perfectly into my plans to handle the domestic side of things in the village, providing a better foundation for everyone.

So while I have more to do on top of my training, I can't say I complain about the clarity of purpose and fulfilment of my new life.)

Author's Notes:

Still haven't really ironed out everything about Wrath yet.

He's loyal to family, has a pretty principled personality (kind of like Mera but not as extreme), but what is he interested in?

Cause he kind of doesn't have anything going on outside of work.

Y'know, helping with housework in his past life, training and making weapons in his second life, and working towards saving the world later.

I don't want to make him another workaholic like Mera and Shiro, but as things are now, Wrath, Lider and Mach would become workaholics as well and that would be too much similarity between too many characters than I like for this story.

I can work on Lider and Mach later, but since Wrath does play a major role in Shiro's story for this fic, I need him to be more 3-dimensional and independent so it doesn't feel like he is here only to be part of Shiro's arc.

Side note, I discovered Armored Core VI recently and its pure radness has more or less convinced me to decide on doubling down on the idea of having Shiro basically become a mini mecha using thread controlled armour with multiple arms (like the Puppet Taratects).

Eye lasers, plasma ball breath, missile rack and sniper cannon on the back, chaingun and shotgun on one pair of arms, scythe and shield on another pair, and a pair of unarmed hands for threads and other utility.

Internal Conjuring to power thrusters and create devastating physical attacks to bypass Anti Magic nerfing or outright shutting down any external Conjuring.

Sounds cool and practical, something Shiro would actually come up with, right?

My only problem is how everything fits onto the design without making it too bulky.

Evasive glass cannon is Shiro's preferred style of fighting after all.

And idk if I want to ditch the Arachne transformation for this.