5-M: Paradigm Shift

Retcon(?): The planet is named Mira now.

Ariel: (Dozens of Ancient Dragons corpses litter around the underground battlefield.

Many of which have chunks of their bodies missing, not from generic battle damage, but from being eaten.

Devoured by me.

I have no idea how long this battle against the Ancient Dragons of the labyrinth have lasted, but it was definitely the longest fight I have ever been in.

Really, with their constant rotation of fresh troops in and wounded troops out, with my [Devour] Skill from being the [Ruler of Gluttony] to instantly convert basically anything not alive I have in my mouth into EP, which is especially useful in sustaining myself during combat.

It is a war of attrition, but one by one, they fall, and Gakia is the only one left.

With no one left to cover him while he replenishes his EP and MP, I have basically won.)

"Kumorning Star!"

(I shouted as I swung a ball of hardened thread on a string like a wrecking ball towards Gaika, only for the both of us to be taken aback by my sudden shouting.

The attack connected, blew a hole through his chest and he tumbled onto the floor, not getting up.)

"...What did I just..."

Gakia: <...Ha...ha...

Interesting, never took you to...be one to name your attacks.>

Ariel: (I cringe at that comment.)

Gakia: <...Or perhaps, you are changing, whether...you like it or not, eh?>

Ariel: (!...Of course he would notice.

Whatever that was attacking my Soul, my very self.

I tried to resist it, but no doubt the damage has changed me somewhat.

Fortunately, I gained [Heresy Nullification] somewhere in the middle of this battle with the Ancient Dragons.

And honestly, with how distracting dealing with that was, I might have lost this fight if it continued.)

Gakia: <But hey...as each moment passes, we leave our past self behind to become our present self.

And at the same time lay the groundwork for our future selves with the experience from our past selves.>

Ariel: (Gakia stood back up as he spoke, despite his fatal wound.

He is probably using his remaining EP on [Life Exchange] to keep himself alive.)

"Skip the poetry and get to the point."

Gakia: <Haha, alright.

Evolve, or die, that's life.

You are stubborn, but I don't mean that strictly as an insult.

Afterall, who else would work tirelessly for so long trying to take down Potimas despite the lack of progress?>

Ariel: "Dustin, and maybe Gulie if he could."

Gakia: <Exactly.>

Ariel: "...Um, what?"

Gakia: <Dustin wishes to save humanity, Guliedistodiez wishes to save Sariel and honour her goal, you just want to save Sariel.