5-I: Unwelcomed 'Guest'

Sophia: (I am once again in my new father's office, gently being rocked back and forth by my new mother.)

Seras: "Oh my, a demand from Ohts?"

John: "Yes, they want us to hand over the Nightmares to them.

They are claiming to have the right to them, which is ridiculous, as if anyone has the right to wild untamed Monsters"

Seras: "Much less the Divine Beasts."

John: "Divine Beasts or not, they must be delusional to believe they can order such powerful beings around as they please."

Seras: "If they really were that delusional, their country would be in ruins by now.

Why would they demand such a thing?"

John: "According to them, as the Nightmares destroyed a fort of theirs when leaving the labyrinth, they want to punish them for that.

But it doesn't take much guess work to know their true intentions are to exploit the Nightmares' power for themselves."

Sophia: (I wouldn't consider myself smart, but even I figured as much.

Though that has more to do with me overhearing my new father complain about how much travel has increased in and out of Keren County because people wanted to receive the Nightmares' healing.

So it's more like I was given the answer than actually putting the pieces together.

And I am supposed to grow up to run this city?

Hereditary positions are dumb and bad for everyone involved.)

Seras: "Such insolence!

They ought to show the Divine Beasts more respect!"

John: "Yes quite, they are just asking for trouble poking the hornet's nest, or spider's nest in this case."

Seras: "Doesn't sound like we can stop them from doing so anyway, so what should we do?

John: "Not much, except explaining clearly that the Nightmares are wild Monsters not under the ownership of anyone.

Their choice to reside in Sariella is simply that, their choice.

We cannot, and thus will not take responsibility for anything they do.

But I can imagine Ohts using the fact that the Nightmares can understand Human speech to their advantage, claiming that it is our responsibility to negotiate with them given it is possible."

Seras: "Except, the Divine Beasts are reluctant to communicate, the only time being when the Origin Taratect came by town to tell us the missing people are in the Land of the Night Sky."

Sophia: (There's also the text messages I have been getting, but I am not about to tell anyone that.)

Seras: "No one has the right to a response from them, they communicate as they see fit."

John: "Try telling Ohts that, this isn't an issue that can be solve with a polite discussion.

And yet we can't risk calling them out on their agenda and worsening the ties between our countries, there are already plenty of people on both sides advocating for war."

Sophia: (But that won't happen right?

I mean, I was just reborn, I am still a baby.

I can't be so unlucky as to be caught up in a war when I am still defenceless.