5-N: The Talk

Ariel: (I made my way into a nearby forest, away from prying eyes.

'So, now that's over and done with, hopefully, what exactly is your deal here?

For that matter, what's it's-sorry, her deal is?

Cause I get the feeling there's more to this situation than meets the eye.'

???: '...Reincarnates.'

'...Seriously? Everybody is a bloody Reincarnate here.

Didn't you look into my memories? You should already know that, mate.'

???: '...I meant that she is a Human from another world.'

'...Wtf!? How!?

I thought the System keeps the Souls of people trapped here and bars others from entering!

Don't tell me the System is falling apart or something!?'

???: 'While I can't say for sure, I do believe this is a deliberate act by D.'

'...Yeah, I suppose that sounds about right.

Still, I am gonna need the full rundown.'

Now that I think about it, I was too quick to trust this Soul tumour of mine.

Which is out of character for me...Scary.

I also need to call it something else but first, let's see what it has to say.

???: '...So basically, this stuck up high schooler is from a world where MA Energy was never discovered nor did any Gods ever show up.

One day in class, she was suddenly blinded by a flash of light and pain before finding herself reborn as an offspring of the Elroe Queen-.'

'My daughter.'

I clarified.

???: 'Right, sorry.

From there, she survived the labyrinth, gaining strength to secure her own safety and eventually maxed out [Taboo] to discover the truth of this world.

Finally given a 'morally' acceptable enough excuse to lash out and hurt someone, she, or rather, we did.

I am the first of her [Multi-Minds] clones, the one in charge of controlling the body while the others handle other tasks, or at least I used to.

After deciding on attacking the-one of your daughters, we used the connection established by [Kin Control] to send all of the [Multi-Minds] clones to attack her Soul directly via consumption.'

'You can do that!?'

???: 'Yes, we discovered it by...honestly I just thought about doing it and it somehow worked.

Probably a glitch in the System, undiscovered until now because no one would have thought it was possible in the first place.'

'...Uh huh, I agree, it certainly never crossed my mind to try something like that.

But that doesn't explain why you switched sides.'

???: '...My original only cared for herself.

You are trying to save Sariel and defeat Potimas, far nobler goals.'

'Yeah right, you have seen my memories, haven't you?

I am not a good person, and I am not trying to be one either.

In fact, I can't help but notice a heavy bias against your original, to the point that you want to kill her.

Do you really hate yourself that much?'

???: '...Irrelevant, just know that the Earth Wyrm is also a Reincarnate, my original's classmate who also died and was brought to this world.

That one is innocent in all this, so please don't go after her.'

'...Kay, what about Gakia's favourite?'

???: 'That...I have no idea how they teamed up at all.'

'Very helpful.

Hm, you don't suppose there are more of these Reincarnates, do you?'

???: 'I doubt my original and that one classmate are the only ones caught up in whatever happened to bring them here.

But more importantly, we can't confirm for sure whether she is really dead or not.'

'Funny you say that, I also had a feeling we haven't seen the last of your original as well.

So we should probably try to figure out what she has been up to while I was fighting Gakia and his followers.'

???: 'I concur.'

'So ,what do I call you?'

???: 'I fail to see why that matters, we both know when we are actively trying to communicate with each other.'

'I ain't calling my Soul tumour for the rest of my life.'

???: '...Karada.'

'Well alright Karada, I look forward to working with you.'

Karada: '...Sure...'

There is a lot she is definitely not telling me, but I think things will be fine for now.

I am in no rush, I still have plenty of time if I take it easy.

If I need to, I could just look into her memories to get the full picture, if not for the potential consequence of losing more of myself.

...Ha, what the hell?

Why did this have to happen just when I was setting my big plans into motion?

Nai wa, I am gonna find a bar to take a much needed break for now.

And I can gather information while I am at it.

With that plan in mind, I begin my leisurely stroll through the woods.

If I remember correctly, the nearest city around here is Keren County.

...What the heck is 'Nai wa'?)

Author's Notes:

I might need therapy.

And go outside more.

And exercise more.

And stop worrying about my exams-Oh who am I kidding?

I ain't gonna be able to relax until the exams in May are over.