5-5: You Guys Again? (Adventurer 3 & Spider 87 / Magic 7)

Adventurer 3:

A lot has happened in Ohts recently.

I have been requested specifically to help supervise a rank promotion exam of a bunch of lower ranked Adventurers.

I find it odd that they would even bother asking me for help given my reputation of going solo unless something serious is happening.

They could have found someone more eager to teach than to offer me an unusually high pay for the job just to get me on board.

The exam mission is to investigate the cause of a Monster migration from Sariella to Ohts.

I don't know much about the affairs in Sariella especially now that Ohts' travel restrictions are in place, which cut off the flow of public information in and out of Sariella.

The quest is most definitely from Ohts, seeing as they can't just send their own people in to investigate without causing a political scene.

So they turned to the Adventurer's Guild, a neutral party that will not support any side in conflicts between nations, with the obvious exception that is the Demons which we oppose alongside the rest of humanity.

Still, wouldn't it be easier to get Adventurers currently in Keren County to take the job?

The guild does have a [Telepathy] network consisting of people specially trained to handle it.

So why send us from Ohts to there?

Seems like a huge waste of time to me.

I would normally chalk it up to lousy management, but this is all happening not long after the fort guarding the entrance to the labyrinth in Ohts was destroyed.

Details on that are sketchy, but what is not is the fact that a bunch of Monsters got out and overran a nearby slum.

And the survivors of that incident, unsatisfied with the lack of support from the government, left for Sariella.

No surprise there, the slum was mostly inhabited by Demi Humans so the people of Ohts aren't opposed to the idea of them leaving so the travel restrictions barely gave them any trouble.

And Sariella is known for pampering them for some stupid reasons.

Probably something to do with those Divine Beasts they worship, and how Demi Humans are closer to them or whatever.

If they just had left that place sooner and did, I don't know, some adventuring work instead of sitting around doing nothing, they wouldn't be in this mess.

And yet, it took their home being taken away for them to get off their asses.

And now they want the unearned privileges in Sariella.

Lazybones.

Anyway, the Monster migration came after the Demi Humans left.

Is it revenge on Ohts?

Do they have the capability to do something like this?

Oh who am I kidding, of course not.

And I guess my greed got the better of me because I took the job anyway.

I didn't get this far by running from everything that gave me anxiety.

Moreover, this will be my first time visiting Sariella too, which is a bonus.