4-2: Tree Camping (Spider 70)

Spider 70:

Taboo: [Atone]

We have been walking for quite a bit now.

All the while appraising all the different plants, mushrooms and other things to learn about them.

While interesting, most of the information is ultimately useless to us.

That is until we came across a tree with ripe fruits instead of flowers.

Everfruits according to Wisdom-sama, spring edition to be specific.

Which means it's the season of spring right now, that's neat.

These Everfruits are really good, even better than that dried fruit we had in the labyrinth.

Since y'know, these aren't dried?

They also restore a great amount of HP, so they are useful too.

We are definitely packing as much of them as we can carry, which is to say all of them since we have [Spatial Storage].

Taboo: [Atone]

By the way, time still passes in [Spatial Storage], meaning food you put in there will decay.

You need to spend MP to open it, and more MP to put or take something out, scaling with the size and weight of the object in question.

In other words, unless you are on the move often, like we are now, you shouldn't bother storing food in there to conserve MP.

I wonder if [Dimensional Magic] has an upgraded version where time in there does stop?

Or maybe I should buy [Ice Magic] to freeze the food as a soft fix now?

But idk how the thermodynamics works in there and [Ice Magic] is expensive, better to find someone to use it then copy them.

Moreover, would putting an uncontained liquid in there end up soaking all of its content?

As in, are the things in there packed into a single bag or neatly separated?

I really need to start testing how [Spatial Storage] functions, but that can wait.

I decided to call it a day here, we are in no hurry to reach the mountain, or do much of anything anyway.

Taboo: [Atone]

Well, I suppose I should hurry up to level up, evolve and get that Human form so I can start making some headway into getting us proper Human food.

But I don't fancy going back to the labyrinth to grind, not with the bad memories I have of the place.

And...y'know...social interactions and stuff?

...Yeah no, not ready for that sheetstorm yet.

But enough about the future, Fei volunteered to pick the fruits off the tree and store them in her [Spatial Storage], just as with all the Monster corpses I gathered in the labyrinth in order to train her [Spatial Magic].

Good initiative on her part, big sis is proud.

In the meantime, I went and hunted some local animals and Monsters.

There shouldn't be anything strong enough to pose a threat to her here, but just in case I have Fast Travel ready to return to the fruit tree.

And speaking of, the Monsters here are pretty weak, like, even weaker than those Upper Stratum weaklings.