4-9: Allergic Reaction (Spider 77)

Spider 77:

Taboo: [Atone]

The Demon Lord, whose name is in another language I have yet to learn and I don't even want to think about cramming another one after just learning Draconium, is out there trying to hunt me down, leaving the labyrinth unguarded.

On that note, Mother has stopped using [Kin Control] to locate me.

Not sure why, maybe they are afraid of me abusing the connection to spy on them, I can't think of anything else I can do with it right now.

Whatever the reason, that means I don't have to spend all day long in That's mouth, which I can't complain about.

Anyway, I Fast Travelled us back to the labyrinth.

Near the Puppet Taratect I encountered before.

It noticed me right away, and is making its way to me.

<You hang back and deal with any third parties that come my way.>

That: <Understood.>

I know his name is Araba now, but That is That to me.

Just another selfish adult pushing their bullshit onto the next generation.

But enough about him, the fact that Mother sent those Greater Taratects to chase Fei is reason enough for me to believe she and the Demon Lord will go after her too.

Not unless I present myself to be the bigger threat, keeping their attention on me.

But to truly keep Fei safe, I will probably have to kill them.

I seriously doubt there is any chance for peace now.

And I started this fight, so it's my fault.

I am the only one here who has to pay the price, but things aren't going to go the way I want.

Taboo: [Atone]

Sorry, but I am afraid I have to kill you.

I charged towards the Puppet, with my Runes readied, as it reached me.

But of course, I would never actually do something so dumb.

That was [Phantasm], and by the time the Puppet realised as it attacked my illusion, I had already moved into position with Shadow Sneak to strike from the darkness right below and behind it.

[Earth Wall]s to restrict its movement, and before it can slice and dice its way out, a bunch of threads to restrain its arms.

It is strong enough to tear through of course, but a moment is enough for me to jump out and use [Space Cutter] to hit the tiny spider in the torso, ignoring any Defence it or its puppet body have.

Unfortunately for me, it survived by moving its head just out of the way.

It then hit me with one of its swords, while I managed to avoid any major damage with [Rock Body], I was still knocked through the wall and away.

And now it's using [Healing Magic] on itself.

Still, it is nearly dead from my attack, I just need another opening.

If only I could just end it now with [Anillating Evil Eye].

But it won't work, because I don't have direct line of sight to its actual body.