4-L: Trial (Apex 9)

Apex 9:

Hiiro Wakaba's training in becoming accustomed to loosening her body, mind and heart in battle as well as using her Dragon Install as she likes to call it in small bursts is coming along nicely.

But mock battles are mere play, she needs real experience with her life on the line too.

Which is why, we are back in the Lower Stratum to hunt down the last four of the Arch Taratects of the labyrinth.

They are scattered about, so Hiiro Wakaba can take them on one at a time while I watch from the sidelines.

First battle went poorly, she panicked when she nearly got hit and just kept the Dragon Install on since.

I had to remind her to turn it off when she managed to put some distance between her and the Arch Taratect.

She won in the end, of course.

At this point, she had to hold back for a fair fight to get the experience she needed after all.

The Arch Taratect would be hard pressed to actually defeat her even when she is holding back.

Onto the second fight, she managed it a lot better this time, the prior experience really helped her to get used to intensity.

As usual, she is quick to learn and adapt, impressive as always.

Honestly, I might be a little jealous.

As for the last two, they have teamed up, but that is just perfect for ramping up the difficulty for Hiiro Wakaba.

I can tell she is a lot more confident now in the one on two fight.

Though it might be because she knows I am here to support her, once again due to her flaw of trusting me too much.

Which means the next step is to remove the safety net that is me.

As they were fighting, I could sense two familiar Presence approaching me.

I turned to see who I expected, Kagna and Gehre.

Hiiro Wakaba panicked when they showed up, but calmed herself down to focus on the fight at hand without me having to reassure her.

She is definitely getting the hang of it now.

In the meantime, I converse with my kin in Draconium body language seeing as they don't have [Telepathy] like I do.

Kagna: -It's been a while Araba, how are you?-

-Travelling with Hiiro Wakaba and training her to be the best she can be.-

Gehre: -You mean the Rising Star the Second right?

Seriously, what kind of name is Hiiro Wakaba?-

-An other worldly name, she is reincarnated with memories of her past life.-

Kagna: -Wow really, that's cool!-

Gehre: -Yeah, tell me about it man.-

Sigh.

-This conversation is getting silly.

If you have nothing of note to add, please leave.-

Gehre: -Come on Rising Star, don't be so cold to your brothers.-

Kagna: -Yeah, tell us all about your student and stuff.-

And this is the other reason I wanted to leave the labyrinth, to get away from these two annoying idiots.

Always interrupting my training with their impulsive nonsense, I am honestly amazed they ever survived long enough to evolve into Dragons.

And now they are interfering with my oversight of Hiiro Wakaba's training.

I turn back to watch her fight the Arch Taratects, ignoring my 'brothers'.

Soon enough, she won the fight without a problem.

Hiiro Wakaba: <So, they your friends?>

<My kin, and I believe you have met them.>

Hiiro Wakaba: <Oh yeah, I am still holding a grudge against Kagna here for forcing me into the Middle Stratum.

Also...why are they dancing?>

<That's the Draconium body language they are trying to communicate with you with, which I never taught you.>

Hiiro Wakaba: <Oh I see, are they saying anything important?>

<No, in fact, they will pester you to no end with silly questions if you let them even when you are clearly busy.

Let's leave.>

Hiiro Wakaba: <Oh, so they are those kind of people, okay then.>

Glad she understands.

And so we leave via teleportation, me still ignoring them.