Vanilla : Chapter 1

You got this, you can do this. You already know what your gonna say. you practiced.. mom, dad, i'm not going to college. It cant be that hard right? There just parents.. and plus ..i'm 23 i can do what i want.

She continued to drive to her parents vacation home in Houston, Texas, for the "family reunion". Quotations around family reunion because it wasn't like the big classic reunions, it was just Her, Her parents and Her brother Marcus. Once every two months, they all drive down to the vacation home to spend a weekend together. Her Brother was in Med school, on his way to great things. Her parents were all over the country all of the time, being the best of the best in Surgery, helping save lives everyday. They expected to hear about how life in college was going. But they had a big storm coming because

1. she wasn't in med school

2. She wasn't planning on going anytime soon

She started to pull into the long drive way that seemed more like a road then anything. It was long and filled with twists and turns, the vacation home was very secluded behind a thick forest but the house sat right on top of a hill and backed right up to a beautiful view of the Houston city. As she pulled up to the front gates she heard a deep, scratchy voice come through the intercom.

"How May i help you"

"Hi Rexy, Its sweet pea."

He chuckled and opened the front gates, after three beeps the gold gates opened up swiftly letting her in. Rex was part of the security team here at the vacation home. The security team was made up of three men, Rex, Davis and Lonny. Rex and Sunny had been very close during her high school years, He was sort of like her father while her parents were out doing there jobs. Once upon a long time ago, the vacation home had been the actual home, But the more her parents became known, the more they went away, visited them maybe 3 or 4 days out of the week, but never stayed there. She smiled at the site of the big yellow and white house that had been her childhood. There was a large wrap around porch that went all the way around the house. Out front there was a nice large garden and freshly cut grass thanks to the landscape team ordered by her father. She parked the car behind her brothers and sat for a minute just thinking, Visions ran through her mind of her as a child, running through the grass with the security team and her brother playing a simple game of freeze tag. She shook the vision from her mind as she climbed out of the car, she shut the driver side door and went to the trunk to get her luggage but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see her brother Marcus, she smiled big as they embraced each other in a hug. He rubbed her upper back and hugged a little tighter then intended.

"how you been sis?"

"eh, im hangin in there, how about yourself?"

"im good, Just a heads up, Dads grilling steaks"

He grabbed her pink and black polka dotted suitcase as She sighed and rolled her eyes. Sunny was a vegetarian for the simple reason that she loved animals. Rex had put her on to it. He was a vegetarian himself, and growing up with him made her want to do the same. She hadn't eaten meat in about 9 years and she wasn't changing that now.

"at least its dad cooking, usually its the chefs he pays to do it"

She laughed a little and nodded her head in agreement, She grabbed her laptop case and followed her brother up the path that led to the big house. Once on the big wrap around porch she opened the door and took a big sniff of air. It smelled like home, like home made cookies and a faint smell of lilac. she had an ear to ear grin as she set her bag down on the ground just abandoning it, she hurried through the house and out to the back. She walked out of the large glass french doors and stepped outside feeling a gush of wind. she leaned against the rail and looked over, seeing the city. She looked down into the back yard to see the large in ground pool, trampoline and play set from when they were littler. Lounging by the pool was her mother, a fair skinned woman with thick red hair and long legs, she was sipping on wine and reading some type of book which wasn't a surprise, her father wasn't to far away from her. He was tall, with fair skin and black hair, a few grey ones every now and then. His facial hair was groomed to perfection with not a hair in sight. Her parents were both white, unlike her and her brother, who's skin was the color of rich caramel, Soft, tan skin stuck out in her all white family but she was grateful that her parents adopted her and her brother so that they were placed in the same family. She smiled down at her parents happily.