Vanilla : Chapter 30

"WHY CANT YOU JUST DO IT?!"

"I DON'T KNOW WHY WERE ARGUING ABOUT THIS, THIS IS STUPID I TOLD YOU, YOU HAVE-"

"WHY DO YOU NEED TIME?! IT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE YES ANSWER"

Visuals and images of the argument played through sunny's head like a film, reeling and illuminating her darkened mind. It was her and Aubrey's first fight, they never fought, but Aubrey brought up the tour and the next thing she knows there screaming at each other. She understood she was running out of time to make up her mind but she felt like she needed more time, three months without sierra and the baby was a lot to ask, three months of constant practicing and shows. Aubrey told her himself it would drain her energy fast, but it was up to her to make the best of it, was that what she wanted? It would sure bring her a lot of pleasure to make her parents think damn, maybe we should've been easier on her cause her music is amazing. Even though her music wouldn't be at the concerts, her voice and piano playing would be at the concerts, which wasn't what she wanted to be known for. Sierra rub sunnys back supportively taking sunny out of her trance

"you okay?"

"yeah...just uh, thinking that's all."

"think out loud."

Sunny swallow at the massive lump in her throat, before taking a deep breath and speaking up, a few tears daring to fall out

"I've never seen him so upset....it kinda scared me how loud he could yell and how...how scary he looked. it was like it wasn't him you know? like... it was drake and not Aubrey, like a switch flipped and i was yelling at the ignorant cocky drake side and not the sweet amazing Aubrey side. i understand he wants me to make up my mind, but its a lot to think about... you understand that right? like its been one week, he gave me one week to think about three months and that's not enough."

Sierra nodded her head as sunny spoke out, whenever she was upset her mind and thoughts flowed like poetry. Her voice was soft and calm which wasn't an all the time thing, she was laid back and deep in thought if she wasn't speaking, she was a different person, like she said about Aubrey. Instead of sunny and Aubrey, it was more like Sun'jai and Drake. Two different people who yelled like they completely hated each other, but the stupid thing is they were yelling about not wanting to be apart.

"sunny, maybe he has a point. Clearly hes this upset because he wants you to say yes and go with him. I understand that your worried about the baby and me, but ill be fine. I can go home and spend three months with my parents and explain what the hell has been happening to me, you can be happy with Aubrey. It kind of worries me that you didn't jump right on the offer when the day before you were crying like a bitch because you didn't want to be apart...."

Sunny looked at sierra as she spoke truth, it was true and she knew it. She took in a deep breath and grabbed sierras hand

"you asked me to be the dad of this child...how am i supposed to be a good dad if im gone for three months?"

"because for three months this baby will be doing nothing but sleeping, eating and kicking me in the ribs so it wont matter."

"how am i supposed to be a good caring best friend if im gone for three months?"

"video chat, text, call...every night no matter what, we can make a pact that we always tell each other goodnight before bed no matter what."

"what if im-"

"your not good enough....your beyond good enough, he wouldn't be asking you to perform if you were shit, trust me....your good, i know it, he knows it, the crew knows it....Rex knows it. and im sure if he were down here he would be kickin your ass for not telling him yes."

Sunny smiled a half smile at her gesture towards Rex, it was true. Rex always thought her musical talents should be shared with the world, while she on the other hand didn't. She wanted to make music, not perform it, she wanted the world to hear what she had to say through the sound of the song, not the sound of her voice.

"say yes....don't be dumb, tell the man yes."

Sunny smiled a full smile this time as she exhaled, tonight she would have fun with sierra, go to shacks, probably shop and just have a good time. Then tomorrow she would go home and make up with Aubrey, tell him yes and be happy again. She was destined to make this last week and a half of freedom with Aubrey, the best week and a half ever. Sex every night, drinking and partying all the time, sex every night. The image of all the positions and fun ways to do it popped into her head causing her to smirk sexually at nothing in particular

"dude, don't make that face, your gonna make Joe think your feelin him."

Sunny snapped out of her thoughts and bit the inside of her cheek in embarrassment as she lift the glass of apple juice to her mouth. she finished it off and slid it across the counter, indicating for Joe to fill her up once more.

------------------------------------------

Aubrey inhaled as he leaned down to kiss sunnys head, feeling her in his arms was a feeling he missed as soon as she left the house crying yesterday, he felt like a dick and as soon as she turned around he wished he would've pressed rewind and started over. He just got so angry that she wouldn't say yes because he knew how upset she was at him having to leave, he was trying his hardest to make her happy and by her hesitating it upset him. It was weird, it was different that morning, when he kissed her head it smelled of smoke which was odd because she never smoked and her hair always smelled like green apples. Her skin was rough and kind of dry which was odd because she always had soft smooth baby-like skin, his heart dropped when he looked down to see that it wasn't sunny, to see that it wasn't the girl he loved so much, to see that it was the girl that he let slip right from his hands...