Vanilla : Chapter 50

"alright mom, you gotta promise me you wont freak out and cause a scene."

"i promise."

"you have to promise you wont attack her with a bear hug, your small and people under estimate your strength."

"i promise."

"promise me you wont bring up any baby pictures or anything?"

His mother stayed quiet, looking up at him with wide eyes

"mom......"

"what? no promises to that."

He groaned out as he rubbed a hand over his nicely trimmed hair. It was day one out of seven that they would all be in Canada, it was always like that thought whenever there was a show or the tour would be in Toronto they stopped for a week to visit with family and friends. It was sunny's first time in Canada and her first time meeting Aubrey's family. 

Sandi Graham, better known for as Aubrey's mother was a small women, standing in at only 4'8 she was actually smaller then sunny which was nice. Sunny was used to being the smallest in the room so not being the smallest actually felt pretty nice, the family wait inside the house together while sunny sit out in the car patiently, together it consisted of the whole OVO crew, Aubrey's mother, two of his Aunts and two of his uncles, his half sister and his two nieces. It was a packed house and Aubrey's mother only put together this huge dinner to welcome sunny to the family, his mother even cried on the phone when he told her about sunny, sunny was in the room with him when they talked about it and it was enough to make her cry herself. Aubrey took a deep breath before running his hands over his dark navy blue blazer, he turned his heels and walked out the door going to the car to get sunny. His mother scurry into the living room to look out the window, the other family member's crowd around her just to get one good glance of what sunny looked like, of course they had seen pictures but everything was different in person. You saw the real them and the whole family was on edge to see the women that Aubrey had proposed too, Aubrey opened the passenger side door and held out his hand, a perfectly manicured hand grabbed on and arose a person from the car. The family all began to "oooh" and "ahhh" out at how beautiful she looked. It was true, sunny looked gorgeous, she wore a dress, the top was white with a this mesh material covering her belly, the skirt of it was both green and red with a pretty white patterning on it. Her shoes were simple cream colored sandals and her hair was laid flat and she looked stunning. She smiled big at something that Aubrey said causing all of the families hearts to melt.

"shes perfect."

"shes short."

"shes beautiful."

They all said things one at a time as they walked up to the porch, they all scattered when the front door opened and closed so it wouldn't seem as if they were staring to hard. The sound of heels approached closer to the living area and sooner then later Aubrey appeared with Sunny hand-in-hand.

"guys....this is sunny....my fiance."

It was silent as they stared at her, she smiled kindly and like a flock of birds they all at once rushed to her. Hugging her, squeezing and kissing her cheeks, turning her in 360 motions to look at all her beauty. Sunny smiled big as she greeted everyone while Aubrey stand a few feet in front of all of it looking at them with a face of disgust. 

"ma! you promised!"

"oh i cant help it Aubrey, shes perfect....shes absolutely.. perfect."

Sandi beamed up at sunny with pure love before wrapping her in a big warm hug, sunny batted her eyelashes and flashed her dimples sweetly as she hugged back, her small fragile frame was easy to place damage to so sunny had to be careful. It was a five minute long hug but sunny didn't mind, she knew she was gonna cherish this moment for a long time and if a five minute long hug helped, she was down for it. His mother was warm and smelled of cinnamon, she had on a baby blue cashmere dress even though it was hitting the ninety's, she was fuzzy and sunny was in heaven with this hug. When she pulled away she felt a bit of anxiety but was instantly feeling happy again at what she said. She could feel tears wanting to form in her eyes due to excitement and happiness, this was it. This moment is what she had been waiting for for so long and it was finally here

"welcome to the family."