Vanilla : Chapter 89

"i have to go."

"what no, you always leave me. Best friend time is called best friend time for a reason. You left last time and didn't even show up yesterday. Where do you keep running off too?"

Sierra swallowed hard as she gathered her things, it hurt her to lie to sunny but she had no choice. Aubrey made her promise that she wouldn't tell sunny about the custody war because he didn't want her worrying while she was supposed to be resting and getting better.

"i just...i need to go, okay? i'll come see you again tomorrow i promise."

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest, it got boring in the hospital. Really boring, and she got lonely too. As much as she was upset at Aubrey for what he said she really wished he were here right now. She really wished that she wouldn't be so stupid and hold grudges but she couldn't help it, what he said really hurt her and he deserved silent treatment. Even if he stayed quiet the whole visit, at least she would still be able to see him, just seeing him washed away all her negative thoughts and anxiety so maybe she would reconsider

"im sorry...i love you."

"yeah yeah."

Sierra rushed from the room and down the hall to the elevator, she had lost track of time and forgot she was supposed to meet her mother at the hotel about twenty minutes ago. Today they would all meet at the YOLO estate and she would talk to the kids, tomorrow Sunny's mom and derrick would get in town and everything would be explained to them. Hopefully they would get the medical records and be able to provide proof of abuse during the trials. When her mother saw the house her mouth dropped but sierra didn't say anything, it was a natural reaction that everybody had and sierra acted the same way the first time she saw the house.

"Thank you for coming."

"that is why im here, so who do you want me to talk to first?"

"i would say start with Izzy, shes the smartest because shes the oldest, then i would say Connor and then Riley. Oldest to youngest."

Her mother took the briefcase and began to walk to the basement. Aubrey told her that there was a nice, large conference room in the basement, it was the same one that Aubrey had asked sunny to go touring with him. It brought back a nostalgic feeling when he turned on the lights and entered

"its freezing in here."

"i know, ill go get Izzy you stay here."

When he got upstairs Izzy was standing in front of the front door, just staring at it. He smiled to himself as he squat down

"Iz..."

"yeah..."

"whatcha doin?"

She didn't say anything, just continued to stare out the glass windows that were placed in the door, as if she was looking at someone out there.

"Theirs a man out there...."

Aubrey furrowed his brows and stood up, he walked beside her and opened up the front door. Nobody. He had a confused expression on his face as she continue to stare straight ahead. Sunny said the kids were gifted but he didn't think much of it, kids have great imaginations and if Izzy had an imaginary friend that was great. It was a fact that kids who had imaginary friends as a child were considered smarter during the school year.

"i don't see anybody."

She looked down, he could tell she was upset that he didn't see the man but he didn't really know what to do or say. This was something sunny was good at dealing with because she had motherly instincts...but sunny was here unfortunately.

"you look beautiful today, did you dress yourself?"

"yes."

She wore a simple navy blue long sleeve shirt and jeans, her shoes were a pair of all star converse and they were a bit raggedy with holes but he understood why.

"its a bit hot for jeans and long sleeves don't you think?"

"I only have two outfits other then my dress uniform, there both long sleeve and pants outfits because George doesn't like when we show skin."

because he beats the shit out of you he thought to himself, mentally rolling his eyes. Just thinking about it made him want to go back to that house and shoot them up, he hated the fact that this was a 50/50 situation and one of those fifties was that he would go to prison and the kids would go back with George and Tina. He didn't even want to think about that though

"well we will just have to take you shopping then."

"really?"

She looked up at him with wide eyes filled with happiness, she was to cute and he didn't know how to express that enough. She had a halo of lose hairs around her bun from last night, Sierra had to help them bathe and get ready for bed because he didn't know what to do and sunny wasn't here to do it.

"yes, but... we have to compromise.."

"okay?"

"if you go down there for an interview, your brothers too, we can go pick out whatever you want. You can get as much as you want and whatever you want. Shoes, clothes, toys, girly stuff. whatever your heart desires... but..you have to go down there and answer some questions...deal?"

"deal."

She spit in her hand and stuck it out as Aubrey look at it in disgust, did she really just ask to spit shake? He reluctantly did the same and shook her small hand before wiping it on his pant leg and picking her up.

"shes a really nice lady, and if you don't feel like answering it just tell her you don't want to, okay?"

She nodded her head yes as he set her down outside of the door, he held the door open as she walked in. Kristen told him he wasn't allowed in because he didn't want to effect her side of the story, not that it would because she wouldn't lie but still. He decided that he might as well go get the boys from out of the pool and help them get dressed so that when it was there turn they would be all ready and set to go.

"Hi Izzy, My names Kristen."

"Hi."

"Go ahead and take a seat, and we can get started."