Vanilla : Chapter 18

"okay, ill be back soon. Love you princess."

"i love you too."

Sunny tried her hardest to give a reassuring smile but just couldn't. She was exhausted, hungry, she probably smelled like crap. When she said she wasn't going to leave Rex's bedside she wasn't joking. Shes been at his side through everything for the past three days. Aubrey finally had to do something, as much as he wanted to stay with Sunny and comfort her in a time of need he just couldn't. So he compromised, He would go to sierras house with her, take a shower, maybe even a little cat nap and he would return with ice cream. Aubrey didn't think much of it, nothing would happen within five or six hours, the doctors even said that they might be able to remove the tumor and keep him alive because he was doing so well.

"i don't feel right."

Aubrey and Sierra were now in the car, headed back to sierras house. She looked up at him from her phone and furrowed her eyebrows, giving him a confused look.

"what do you mean?"

Aubrey shrugged and looked out the window as they cruised through the interstate. Passing cars, trees, buildings. But it seemed different, like everything was moving in slow motion for some odd reason.

"i don't know, i just...i just feel like something isn't right."

Sierra shrugged it off and continued to type in her phone. Sierra had pointed out sunny's childhood house as they passed by it. Aubrey was intrigued at the houses massive size, but then he remembered both her mother and Derrick were world renowned surgeons so they definitely had the money for it. Sierra's house was large as well, not as big as sunnys but definitely big. Aubrey wasted no time by getting to the guest room, after meeting the parents of course. He sat down on the soft down comforter and smiled as he thought to himself that he would actually be able to sleep, he had stayed up late every night, not sleeping till 3 am, but that was nothing compared to staying awake for 3 days. Coffee helped but when it wore off it seemed to make him more tired then he already was. He took a deep breath and began to peel out of his clothes, tossing them on to the floor as he walked like a zombie to the guest bedroom bathroom. A sigh of relaxation came from his mouth as the hot water pelted on his skin, feeling the droplets roll off his back like nothing. He blinked slowly as he lean back against the shower stall wall, slow blinks soon became not blinking at all as he began to fall asleep. Even 7 minutes of sleep in the shower, felt like 7 hours, any blink of sleep he could catch was enough, When he woke up he quickly washed off with the guest bar of soap and hopped out of the shower as quick as possible. Once out of the shower he dried himself off and threw on a pair of grey sweatpants, He brushed his teeth quickly and climbed into the bed, wrapping himself in the down comforter. He smiled out in happiness as he lay there peacefully, his eyelids became heavy as he drifted off into a dream....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"i love you Aubrey."

"i love you more Sunny."

Sunny smiled as the wind blew her hair and carried her white sundress. She laughed and grabbed his hand running towards the water, she ran into the waves as they crashed into her legs. Her skin glistened as the water droplets caught sunlight, his heart fluttered as she smiled her perfect smile. Aubrey came closer to her, closing the space between them, He cupped her chin between his thumb and pointer finger, raising her head up. He looked deep into her big brown eyes as she flashed her killer dimples, he leaned down placing a kiss to her lips. The kiss lasted long, not like an ordinary kiss, it was a kiss that had love deep within it. When he pulled away they both smiled at each other as they look into each others loving eyes, Aubrey lean forward and placed his forehead against hers, his lips barely touching hers