Vanilla : Chapter 69

"I think right now you need to go home, you have been here since last night and so have i. I'm exhausted from a long day and night of work and then you coming in, i'll have only three hours before the bar opens back up again."

She shook her head no as she pounded down another shot glass of apple juice, she was upset but not stupid. She knew there was bread baking in the oven and liquor was a huge no no. She had nobody last night, the night she needed Sierra the most was the night she wasn't here, of course she was going to fly back to calabasas but that wasn't until next week, which was still 6ix days away.

"i don't know what to do Joe. I'm scared to death to go back, what am i gonna say to Aubrey?"

"you be honest, you tell him how you ran out of pills and how you took a test and how you left last night and came here to confide in me while your best friend is over in Texas. Lying is never the answer, just be honest."

Lying is never the answer, she told herself all the time yet she always found herself lying. She held things back from Aubrey as he did to her, but the difference between him and her was that he was trying and he was slowly opening up. While sunny slowly close herself off.

She swallow hard just thinking about it, about going home and seeing his face made her cringe. Not because it was him, but because she knew she was going to have to confess. She run a hand through her tangled messy hair, she had fallen a couple of times while running but she got back up and kept running, there were leaves and grass in her hair but her appearance was the least of her worries. Joe was kind enough to drop her off since she wouldn't be safe going alone, he didn't want her to wander somewhere where she wasn't supposed to be

"i cant do this, i cant. im not going, fuck this im getting out. goodbye."

Before she could do anything Joe locked the doors to his all white Nissan Altima, it was a nice car with nice features but it was nothing compared to any of Aubrey's cars. Or her car at that.

"your not going anywhere but in that house and up to his face to talk to him. End. Of. Discussion."

She sat back as he began to pull out of the Shacks parking lot, she appreciated Joe and his friendship with her but she could choke him out right now. What was she gonna do? what was she gonna say? he probably already saw the pregnancy stick. She buckled her seat belt as they pulled off the service road and to the highway, it was about a 20 minute drive from the bar to the YOLO Estate so it was probably a 45 minute run for her, which she didn't mind. She had put on a few pounds from tour with the constant junk food on tired nights after a show, the filling up on snacks while on a plane, a run wasn't a bad thing. It was the reason she was running that was bad.

Her steps were slow and subtle as she walk into the house, it was cold in there as always. Chatter and small talk was heard from inside the kitchen which was expected, it was about 10:20 in the morning and this was usual breakfast time. Her heart pounded as there talking stopped when she appeared in the kitchen entrance way. They stare down at her, she had leaves and grass in her messy tangled hair, she had a small cut above her brow from a stick or tree branch, there was even a tear in her shirt right above her belly button. She looked as if she had been hit by a truck as mascara stains were placed to her cheeks, she stood with a tilt as she tried to lean her weight against her right leg because she had twisted the left ankle when running. She could tell it was swollen and she could feel it throbbing as she stand barefoot on the cold white floor.

"Wheres Aubrey..."

The room was silent, nobody said a word, they just stare at her in shock

"hello! anybody home!"

She was tired and hungry, beaten up and in a lot of pain so she had no time for bullshit. Oliver clear his throat and wipe his hands on his napkin before standing up and taking in a breath

"Well, hes not here right now. He went out to look for you, we all kind of thought you were dead...."

Her anxiety loosened up a bit when she realized he wasn't here, she wasn't avoiding him. Just avoiding the conversation to come. She turned on her heels that were near bleeding due to running on concrete for nearly an hour on bare feet, she yawned out as she reached the bedroom. The bathroom was cleaned up and the things that weren't broken were placed back to where they should go, the stick wasn't on the counter though. Her heart thudded as she thought about Aubrey seeing it, she should have been more careful and taken it with her or thrown it away. But she didn't. She sank down as she now sit in the Jacuzzi tub of hot water. She didn't have any bubbles mixed in or the jets turned on, she sat in the hot clear water with nothing but her head above, she sank down more to where her lips went under. She blow little bubbles as they float to the top and tickle her nose, she was scared, her shaking began up again and she didn't know how to stop it and she didn't have intentions to because that was the least of her worries. She sank down lower until nothing but the leaf on top of her head of hair stuck out from the water, she thought about Mason, she thought about Aubrey, she thought about her baby with Sierra, she thought about Rex and she even thought about her mom and derrick. She thought about everything, everything except for breathing as she stay under the water a little bit to long.