Vanilla : Chapter 72

"i don't really know, Aubrey."

Sunny run a hand through her straightened hair as she talk on the phone with Aubrey. Last night she had stayed at the hotel, same hotel, same floor, same room. It had been reserved for sierra when she would come back to calabasas in now five days, but sunny decided to stay there last night. After her and Aubrey's argument, if that's even what it was, she needed some time alone. With Mason of course. At the moment she really wish she could see him and hug him and feel some sort of comfort but she knew that probably wouldn't happen, Mason couldn't just bring her up at any time because he wasn't in heaven completely. He was at the brink of heaven because technically he was still alive, just not completely. The day would come when he would leave the brink of heaven and officially come down to earth, that was the day he was born. Aubrey had called her about ten minutes ago and the whole time he was just telling her to come home to him and he was sorry, he said he loved her and missed her, he talked to her like she had been gone for 24 years yet in reality it wasn't even 24 hours.

"please baby, im begging you. i miss you, im sorry i yelled i know you don't like that. i was just upset, im sorry."

She could hear the hurt in his voice and it made her want to cave in, but a part of her was still mad at him. He tried to play victim in the incident when really sunny was the victim, or was she? there really wasn't a victim, they were both irresponsible and nobody wanted to take blame so they blamed it on each other. Which is exactly what wasn't supposed too happen because clearly it was tearing them apart and the last thing sunny needed was a faulty engagement and to end up like Sierra. She sighed before speaking into the phone again

"Are you busy?"

"No, im here by myself. The crew went out again, i don't want to go though. I'd much rather stay here with you. We could cuddle, eat grapes, play scrabble and watch The Breakfast Club. Whatever you want baby, just please......please come back to me. i need you."

She smiled to herself at his references to her favorite things. She loved him, there was no doubt about it but she was upset. She needed him the most last night and instead of comfort he yelled which didn't really make sense because she could tell he needed comfort too.

"Meet me at Shacks."

"you want to meet at a bar? But your pregnant."

"hey, smart ass. its a bar and grill and plus, Joe has my back if anything happens."

"you mean if we get into an argument again......"

The phone went silent. She trusted him, she trusted him to be a good strong man yet be kind and loving at the same time, but at this moment it was hard to trust anybody. Everywhere she turned something bad happened, not saying that having a baby was bad it was just turning her life around. Not necessarily in the wrong direction, things just weren't doing so well right now.

"just meet me at Shacks, okay?"

"i'll be there."

"okay, by-"

"sunny, wait."

"yeah...."

"i love you."

She blushed as she smiled to herself, she couldn't remember a time that hearing those words felt as good as they felt now, her heart fluttered and her shaking stopped momentarily but began up again as she spoke of course.

"i love you too."

With that they both ended the call cheesin pretty damn hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~