Vanilla : Chapter 84

"Can i go back to earth, no offense but i just want to leave. I want to see Aubrey, hes probably freaking out because he thinks im dead."

"nope, you can leave when you promise me-"

"okay, no disrespect father but no. no i cant because i don't know if that will truly happen or not. I cant promise you that i will drop everything and adopt three kids. Yes, they need me and to be honest i need them, i knew i wanted those kids in my life as soon as i stepped foot into the foster home because it brought horrible nostalgia of me growing up in the system, but i just cannot promise you that. Its not me...its Aubrey, and i know you say he'll be okay with that but you don't know that for sure. i promise you that he is not ready for three kids, as much as he cares about them and as happy as he is with them, he wouldn't be able to handle it. You saw the way he acted when we only had to deal with Mason."

He sighed and scratched at his small grayish goatee

"What don't you understand when i tell you, I. Am. God. you have to trust me, you have to trust that everything will work out because if your hearing it from the lord himself...what isn't there to believe?"

"just send me back down there please so he doesn't think im dead."

He closed his eyes briefly and wiggled his nose a little before clapping twice, he opened his eyes and narrowed them while pursing his lips

"there, your breathing. The doctors are leaving and Aubrey will be let back in the room, but you'll be sleeping until i release you."

"which is?"

"once you promise me."

She groaned out and put her hands on top of her head. She couldn't promise that, she just couldn't. It was to big of a promise and if she failed to keep her promise she would probably go to hell because she made the promise to the The Lord himself.

"okay, okay how about this. Look at me."

She turned and ran a hand through her curled hair, he grabbed both of her hands and held them in his

"promise me that you will talk to him about it...promise me that you will talk about it and then we can build up from there. And then from the time it takes you to finish talking about it and actually start the process of adoption that you will visit them everyday..."

Sunny smile to herself. Now that was more like it

"yes, i promise."

"good."

He took in a deep breath before pulling her in for a hug, it was unexpected but she hugged back of course, it wasn't an everyday thing that god himself wrapped his arms around you. He was soft and warm to the touch. she closed her eyes as she hugged back, taking in his embrace but when she opened her eyes she was back in the hospital room bed. Her heart monitor beeped steadily indicating she was living still, she turned her head to the left to see Aubrey, his back was against her as he stare out into the darkish sky. Her heart monitor sped up a little simply because she was in sight of him, it proved to show that he made her happy enough to make her heart speed up

"hi."

He turned around and smiled before walking over to her slowly

"hey baby girl......."

once he reached her he slowly lay his body next to her on the little space that was left on the bed. Her monitor sped up a little as he wrapped his arms around her and gave her soft kisses all over her face, she smiled to herself at how affectionate he was being because she was in love with the feeling

"I'm so sorry ab-"

"i don't wanna talk about it.....please."

"okay, we don't have to talk about it... just..let me hold you."

She smiled as he wrapped her up in his arms and kissed her forehead. It felt good to be in his arms, they were strong and warm. His cologne filled her nose just how she liked as he continually gave her soft kisses

"Good thing your okay, maybe its a sign that it wasn't meant to be. maybe this is a good thing."

Her heart nearly stopped. She shook him off and sat up, she looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and narrowed eyes

"excuse me?"

"what?"

"repeat that again."

"im just saying, maybe this happened fo-"

She stood up, which clearly she wasn't supposed to do because her legs nearly gave out. She was still weak from passing out, and on top of that actually dying. Her heart monitor sped up as she regained her strength

"are you saying Mason was a mistake?....."

He was quiet for a minute, hesitating on what he was going to say.. but that's the thing. He hesitated, when he should have said right off the bat "no i would never think that, i love you now come lay back down with me". but he didn't...

"not necessarily a mistake but maybe he wasn't supposed to happen."

"so a mistake..."

"that sounds kind of rude though."

"that's because what your saying is rude, how could you even think that?"

Her heart was shattered already and now it felt as if he was dancing on the shards. Why would he say that? how could he say that? he seemed so happy with how there life was going, everything was so perfect and now that mason is dead he decides to speak up about his feelings. He stood up now so she automatically felt a little defeated because he was much taller then her

"well i wasn't ready and you knew that."

"but i thought you were happy, you seemed happy."

"key word is seemed, i wasn't happy. I never was happy, im 28 and living my life out to the fullest. The last thing i need is a kid."

That made not only her broken heart crack more but it made her feel like she was going to puke because if one kid was to much for him, how would he handle three?

"and what about The InnsBrook kids? your so good with them..how can you say what you just said when you were so happy with them."

"there not my kids."

"WELL I WANT THEM TO BE!...i really truly want them to be. You see how they live and at the same time you don't. Trust me i know."

She didn't mean to yell, it just came out that way. She was frustrated and hurt. So to add on to the horrendous day of losing her son and finding out the children she loved so much were being abused, now his true feelings about Mason and The InnsBrook kids come out.

"get out...."

"what?...."

"get....out....Why would you even think that's okay? why would you say that your own son was a mistake?... You know how i felt yet you continued to play along like everything was okay when in reality it wasn't. you should've told me...you should have told me.... i don't even want to look at you right now...just get out."

"baby i-"

"please..."

Her voice was cracked, tears fell from her eyes and all he wanted to do was comfort her. He knew he fucked up as soon as the words came from his mouth but by then it was already to late to turn back, and now look, he was on his way home without Sunny, Which is exactly the opposite of what he wanted.