Gods and Monsters

5 years ago.

"I apologize my lady, he's done it again."

My mother sighed deeply. The resplendent hem of her gowns visible through the crack in the cupboard. She's never find me in here. 

"I don't blame you Amphitryon. He hates his duty to the crown it reminds him of.."

"I understand your grace. The daughters of Romelus will just have to endure being entertained by us old wardogs" he laughed humorously.

My father had just died. I'd just come back from running away to find my mother married and my crown on my step fathers head...and they wanted me to entertain some wretched girls from the edge of Greece. I wouldn't do it.

It was quiet for a long time. I'd sit here all day if I-

"You're stuck. Aren't you?" I could hear the smile on Mata Hari's mouth as she stood in front of the cupboard.

"Come on Hari you're going to get me caught!"

"No one is here olive brains. You've got the whole palace in a tisy. We even checked the glens a while past the Palace grounds, you'll never guess what I found there"

"They want me to entertain a bunch of GIRLS." I said in disgust. The other boys in the agogi spoke of what they found most attractive on a girl.

Thighs and breast winning out for most of them. My answer made me a target for the rest of the fighting season.

"Full dark lips." The kind that were pink on the bottom lip and warm brown on the top. The kind that—

"You know IM a girl right?" She said, I could hear here sit down.

"No. You're Mata Hari. You're my meat friend it isn't like that" I spoke defensively.

"No I'm a girl." She said softly.
"Is that the real reason you don't want to see them?"

She was younger than me. But somehow smarter. And taller. She always saw right through me like I was freshly blown glass to her. Transparent.

"Well...father just..with him gone I know they mlk be giving me "the look" all pityful for the troubled prince and his crazy father. They all think I'll be like him...because of my gift from Aries. I'm already stronger than the other boys in the training camps...everyone's scared of me." I had to swooped to hold the tears at bay.

"I'm not scared of you Harry. And I don't think you'll end up anything like the king did."

With that I was out of the cupboard and walking into the garden with Mata Hari. Her hand in mine.

Present day

I watched myself. Heard my own thoughts

"You're a prince. Take whatever you want."

I stood in the hall of the Spartan palace. My home...over 3 months ago.

"Stop please.." Mata Hari drunkenly slurred.

I tried backing away from the bedroom door. Tried to run from what I knew would happen next. From her soft sobs. I was back in my childhood room. Watching myself and Mata Hari that night.