Stubburn

Prince Harry POV

"I thought you said I could ask...a..a...Harry" she grabbed my wrist as I twirled her nipple between my fingers.

"I never said I'd make it easy for you" her body was warm under my hands and she had her thighs pressed tightly together. She buried her face in my neck.

"By the way, you'll be needing these" I held up her underwear from earlier.

"W..wha? Give me those" she snatched them from me and I muffled a laugh.

I returned to nibbling her ear.

"Can I ask my question now?" She breathed

"You just did" I reminded her. I kissed the hollow between her collar bones and sent a shiver up her. She pushes her head back and I ravaged her neck. I forgot myself with how good it all felt...

"Who was the skinny man from the Basilica" she gasped.

I pulled back. I remembered how infuriates I was as I watched him grab her. Also I remembered how even more infuriated I became when she stubbornly refused to come to me.

"Oh yea" I frowned

Her brown eyes searched my face, waiting for me to answer her question. I pushed her hair behind her ear.

"He's a magician"

"Magician?"

"Yea, he mixes fake medicinal potions for desperate people who want someone to fall in love with them  or parents who want their children back...it's all fucking poison"

"That's too bad, it would be nice it you could bring back dead loved ones" she added

It made me curious about why she'd say that. I mean she didn't have anyone other than her mother, no siblings I knew of. Before I could ask here why she would say that she asked me what else I knew about him.

"W-why did he want to take me?"

I frowned deeply. "Well...The House of the Undying is also a brothel" I shifted unconfortably.

"House of undying?"

I clinched my jaw, she was more interested in the place rather than almost being kidnapped?

"It's his house of magic, and I use that term loosely. His brothel is full of woman he some oboe finds from around the world, women these old decrepit Greek men have never seen before."

"Oh" she frowned looking very thoughtful

"If you would have left with him you would have never saw that light of day" I reminded her harshly.

"Now I have a question. What the fuck would compel you to act like that? Why would you gamble you life with a stranger in a dark hallway like that?! Had you lost all your goddamn god given since?" The anger I had felt at the Basilica had returned.

She sat stiffly on my lap as I spoke, not reacting to what I was saying.
She waited until I was finished and breathing deep angry breaths, causing her to move up and down on my lap a little.

"Did you expect me to go with you after you kissed her?" She said softly, as if we were having a casual conversation about the weather.

"It didn't mean-"

"I don't care Harry" she said getting off my lap and crossing the kitchen so that she was on the opposite side of the island. She gripped the other side of the counter like she needed it for support. Why was she making this into a thing? I said I was sorry.

"Do you know how that makes me feel when you did that?"

"Why are you making such a big deal out of this? It's not like I'm fucking the girl" I blurted.

"W..what?" She asked raising her head.

"I said why are you so mad?! It's not like I'm having sex with her" I said clinching my jaw impatiently.

Her eyes lowered for a moment and she looked at me in my eyes silently.
My heart dropped knowing that what I said had just put me deeper into the hole. Me and my stupid mouth. She walked out of the kitchen and I let her walk out without following.

***

I couldn't sleep that night. Hari was all I could think of. My bed seemed so vast and cold without her in it. The silence last night said it all, she was disappointed in me. I swear if it's not one fucking thing it's another. It's like the second I told Hari that I was in love with her everything changed. Like the gods were hell bent on making sure nothing went right..and it was working evidently. I woke up early, hoping I could catch Hari and try to apologize again. All this apologizing and spitting out my feeling was so abnormal. I'm prince of Greece, there aren't many consequences to my actions. But of course, Hari dosent care about any of that. She's always been weird, she's never looked at me like a prince and that was what drew me to her and what aggravates me endlessly. The way that she's sweet but has a sharp tongue. The way she's witty and has a mind of her own. She could care less what anyone looked like or where they were from...she just cares how they treat others...

Like I said. She's fucking weird.
I did something I haven't done in forever. I went to Mata Hari's room in the servants quarters. It was too early for the commotion the palace usually held and her mother was already up and out.

I rapped on the wooden door.

No answer.

I rapped again, a bit louder and less patiently.

"Hello your grace"

I blushed not knowing what to say...
Mata Hair's mother held a stack of clothes in her hand. She passed me when I didn't say anything and pushed the door open wither her foot and let herself in

...it wasn't even SHUT

Now feeling stupid and suspicious I turned to leave

"If you're looking for Mata Hari she wandered into town about an hour ago." She called after me. "With any luck she'll come back with the eggs is asked for" she gripped under her breath.

I turned and thanked her. Why hadent she asked why I'd been looking for Hari in the first place? I wasn't supposed to even be allowed in this part of the palace, let alone come looking for people here. I'm sure everyone in Greece will know about my little excursion here in no time.

"Oh and, your grace" she called after me. I turned once more, still sure my cheeks where pink "it would be quite alright if this little visit stayed between you and I correct" she smiled at me, she was a pretty older woman with red and high cheek bones, her eyes hazel, she must have been stunning in her time. In that moment I thought maybe Hari told her. Mata Hari is the absolute worst lier ever and she's not one to be disobedient when it counts. Maybe she knew about us and supported it...
But after a quick evaluation I could see that she said what she had meant an that and probably just thought I'd come for a friendly visit.

I wondered if she'd like me if she knew about us...

Probably not.