Leaving

We slept in a random bed inside the palace. I figured it would take more time for anyone to find us and we could get some sleep for longer. She fell asleep halfway there and I was barely awake myself. This day was exhausting for the both of us. I pulled Mata Hari's hands of my shirt and laid her on the bed. She mumbled something I couldn't understand.. It sounded like she was singing a song in another language. I took off my armor and got in bed next to her. She pressed her ice cold body against mine.

"Harry" her weak voice said.

I didn't mean to wake her..

"Sing to me?.."

"What?"

"Sing...sing to me please...the song from when we were little" she clung harder and closer to me and I couldn't help but blush. It was quiet other than the rhythmic chirping of crickets and the steady beating of her heart.
I blushed. I hadn't sang to her since we were little.

She held me tighter. "Please Harry?"

I started singing to her, softly.

Little baby, hear my voice
I'm beside you, .....O maiden fair
......Our young Lady, ....grow and see
Your land, your own faithful land
Sun and moon, guide us
To the hour of our glory and honour
Little baby, ....our young Lady
Noble maiden fair.

She was asleep before I had even finished.

I stared at her while she slept. She slept so peacefully. I knew the moment I saw her on that alter that it would always be my duty to keep her safe at all times, from anyone or anything...even myself.

"I have seen what there is to be seen and you will be that girls ruin, it is for seen."

His words made my stomach muscles tighten.

"I won't hurt you again" I whispered. I mean it. I have to keep this girl safe...
I kissed her forehead and pulled her body close to mine. A light smile played on her sweet lips.
"Perfect" I kissed her head sweetly. I breathed in her yummy smell until I also fell asleep as well.

I watched Hari be pulled out in a public arena, her clothing torn and long dark hair cut down very short.

"Do you contest to the crime of fornication with a married man?"

"Yes" she answered shamefully

"What the hell is the meaning of this?!" I yell.

No one answers

"I have seen what there is to be seen and you will be that girls ruin, it is for seen."
"You can never have her! The girl is barren she will never bore you sons!"

The voice rang in my head..

I woke up with a pounding headache. Mata Hari was sleeping peacefully beside me. Her soft lips curved into a pout and her long lashes framing her beautiful face.

I pulled away from her and got up from the bed to look out of the window to see what time it was. It looked like the morning had just ended and people below were going about their day.

She woke up while I did this.

"No.. Don't go" she lifted her head from the pillows.

"It's ok...I'm not going to go anywhere" I said closing the window.

She nodded yes and sat up right on the bed.

"You need to get some sleep" I frown down at her and start to get dressed.
She stands up stubbornly, stumbling and me having to catch her.