Broken promises

Harry and I have been making love for a few weeks now....or fucking as he likes to call it.

Harry has an insatiable sex drive. I actually really enjoyed it... if I was honest.
Never did I expect myself to like it or crave it the way I do...

I'd heard the other girls talk about sex. How it felt, if they hated it or not. How it hurt the first time,and how their men kissed their tears away afterwards. Id never considered how I would be able to be intimate.

But there is a problem. He won't look at me.
Ever since that day were visited that tavern, he slowly has resigned from our little rendezvouses. He undresses me, pleasures me first then turns me around to start having sex. He doesn't look at my face, just my body. I feel a ting of pain every time he goes to take my clothes off.  He acts without emotion or caring. I know that I basically asked him to cut out all the lovely cooing he did during the act but Gods did I miss it! The silence was loud.
When we finished we'd sit in awkward silence until I felt I could walk again.
It was always the same. Him behind me .like at the lake.

I didn't know anything about making love but I knew that that wasn't it.

I mean what did I expect...

In fact the last time he'd come to find me was nearly a week ago.

I nearly forgotten when I saw him, fresh out of training, his shaggy blond curls pulled back into an even bun on his head, revealing the sharpness of his cheekbones and the squareness of his jaw. His 6'0 frame reaching up and picking plums off the tree and breaking them open, checking for worms or stink bugs before biting in and spitting out the core.
I could call him plenty of things, but unattractive was never one of them.

He didn't even notice me coming, if he did he didn't care to open his closed eyes as he savored the plum. Watching him swirl his tongue around the pit to scoop it out sent a shiver down my body.

"Good afternoon your grace"

"Good day" he answered back in lazy politeness.

"You haven't called on me in a while Harry" I said quietly. Talking to him alone out in the open like this was risky, I wouldn't be coy.

He opened his eyes finally and blushes.
"Oh" his voice was even different. I never noticed, he speakers to me differently from everyone else...

"I needn't always bother you with my...urges" he says in an even tone, his lips press in a hard line after speaking. "I know you don't like it, so.."

"Oh" I blinked in surprise. So that's why he..

He dug in his pocket ,"of course I'm still keeping up my half of our agreement. I'm the one who decided to stop." Harry dropped 5 gold talons in my palm.

He brought a hand up and stroked me cheek. " Mata Hari," he began, his voice carrying a depth of emotion that could move mountains, "I have made my decision. I will end the contract that has bound us, but I want you to know that I still wish to provide for you, to ensure your well-being. It is my way of making amends for the pain I have caused. I realize it is not enough and it will never be enough but I.. I"
He took a deep swallow before drifting his gaze over my head. "I didn't deserve you. You're free."

"Harrious I" I started but couldn't finish. Suddenly I was there with the memory of that night we went out together and how he thinks he's a monster. How he thinks he's faded to destroy everything he cares for. Did that mean that that he cared for me?