Not friends.

CHAPTER 10

It is the break of dawn and I of course can't sleep.

Nona wasn't even awake yet.

I couldn't sleep so I decided just get up.

3 hours of sleep. Marvelous.

I got up and got my robes together.

I didn't want to go back to the spring. it didn't feel like mine anymore after what Harry and I had done.

"Harry and I" what a strange thought.

I didn't have money to spare, even thought Harry had given me enough Gold and silver piece to take care of Nona and I got a few months, I couldn't just start spending it like an idiot. It would draw concern to anyone who payed any sort of attention. Everyone in the palace knows I don't bathe in the bath houses. It's gotten me nothing but light ridicule as they assume I never bath at all. But as I never produce an oder, it's nothing more than petty gossip.

Now suddenly taking daily privet baths in the nice part of the bath house?  Too obvious.

Damn.

A public bath it is.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

I considered all this as I grunted and went down to the kitchen. None of the cooks were there.

I went out front with things in hand.

It had been a while since I had been in town.

It always freaked me out at first.Many people knew me because I was "that girl" which was they said when I'd come around. "she workes in the palace."

"Really?" "Her hair is wild." "She's beautiful." "are you kidding she's like some wild child. she's unladylike like. why I heard she attacked a man. Always reading and such! And a sharp tongue.." "No one knows from where she hales...shes a NOBODY"

As I said before, I didn't look like a Greek women. The girls glared at me like they were trying to look at my very essence.

I learned to ignore it. and not many people stared now a days.

I past the venders offering things.

"Fresh fish!"

"Would the lady like a pear of earrings."

I couldn't help but stop. they were so pretty. gold hoops with a intrecate print.

"No sir I'm flattered."

"A beautiful young girl needs a little jewelry to frame the face. I will even throw in this chain."

"That's very tempting but I don't have enough... thank you though."

I smiled big at the vender and ran off.

I got to the bath house and greeted the at the pay counter.

"Hey. you work at the palace don't you?" The girl said

"Ye-yea" I said I don't really get along with girls.

" Your really pretty were are you from!"

I blinked in surprise.

"Um I don't really know I moved when I was little." I mumbled.

"Wow that's strange. would you like to be friends? My name is Amby!"

"Um ok... I'm Mata Hari" I said

What a crazy girl. she must be new.

I walked into the bathhouse.