Revolations

CHAPTER 23

He came in a cloud of dust and fire. His face was covered, wrapped around his entire head so that only his black eyes glowed through the wine red fabric.
Waves of black followed him, billowing in the wind. His hell riders following I the same uniform.

His horse, black as night, raised it's mighty hooves which were adorned in golden shoes, into the air.

He blocked the sun from where we were standing.
The man held up three skulls that were connected by there hair, which were braided together.

They wore crowns on their lifeless heads

This man was death himself, I was sure.

His horse from hell forcefully planted himself on the steps of palace in front the king, who didn't even flinch at this exertion of pure power.

"I bring message from the king of Persia." His voice was unbelievably deep and malevolent, It raised goosebumps on my skin and I noticed Harry's muscles coiled.
The man unwrapped the cloth protecting his face, every man reached for his sword as he pealed the cloths from is unseen face... finally he removed it all. I was in shock.

He had a deep brown skin tone, chinky eyes, full lips, and high cheek bones.

He looked like ME!

Persian...

Am I Persian....?

I felt eyes dart towards me as he revealed his face. They thought the same thing.

And the messenger made it worse by trailing off in his speech and starring at me curiously.

I felt my face get hot and my hands began to sweat around the dagger they gave me. I've never hurt anyone in my life...well other than Harry..

I felt like everyone was looking at me.
Harry was, his eyes full of curiosity like everyone else.

"Anyway..." He said squinting and reluctantly looking away from my extremely flushed face.
The messenger opened his mouth excitedly to speak but
King Leonidas cut him off "Before you speak, Persian, know that in Sparta everyone, even a kings messenger, is responsible for the word's of his voice. Now...what message do you bring?" He spoke calmly and slowly

The Persian Messenger bows slightly and gestures respectfully ",Earth and water."

Leonidas laughed dryly "You rode all the way from Persia for earth and water?" His voice sounded impatient and slightly annoyed.

Queen Alianna leaned forward ",Do not be coy or stupid, Persian. You can afford neither in Sparta." I noticed the long curved black sword in her hand. I gulped at how quickly she could switch from quietly making a blanket to standing poised to strike. Her chest puffed out and her back muscles were toned and defined in her backless dress, she looked like a gorgeous killer, standing right at her husbands side.

I was a few feet behind her, as her handmaiden I had to be here just in case she needed me, I completely doubt it.

The Persian Messenger's eyes raked up and down the queen in disgust. His face contorted into a frown "What makes this woman think she can speak among men?"

"Because only Spartan women give birth to real men." The queen stated boldly as a sly smile played at her lips. there were a few snickers from the council and even King Leonidas himself suppressed a smirk for his witty wife.

She's so strong and self willed. I hope to be like her some day.

"Let us walk to..cool our tongues" King Leonidas said..