The House of the Undying

A flower was lost....and the thorn remained,....
A lot of oppression remained for me....
A baby remained for me....
This is my mate's memorial.

She sings..

"Come now, if you do not sleep now, you will sleep all day tomorrow"

"Tomorrow will be a big day for us both..so get your rest sweet child...we can play tomorrow"

Her voice is like honey in my ears...
Who was this sweet woman and why couldn't I see her? Everything was covered in an inky black sheet,so why could I feel her? The heat from her body...her fingertips playing with my curls..her heartbeat so close to my own. Her beautiful singing voice.
Was this death? If so, no wonder so many go with her...

Death hummed the lullaby again to me.

"A flower was lost...and the thorn remained...
A lot of oppression remained for me...
A baby remained for me...
This is my mate's memorial."

What a sad little song...

Suddenly the angel of death gasped. The blackness became turbulent and the screaming began.

**

My eyes opened.

Overhead there's a sky light. Paneled windows. The clouds swirl around the moon.

"Where am I.." My voice was barely audible but it echoed through the high walls. Bells ring on in the distance.

Where am I...

I sat up, pushing myself off the stone tablet. My heart dropped as I looked around the strange room. Everything was black. My body was paralyzed with fear.

I'm dead aren't I?

The man from the Basilica killed me.
I don't know what was in that dust but it was strong enough to kill me.
Oh no no no...

My mother...my beautiful mother would be devastated. Her only child.

Dead.

She couldn't afford to live in the palace without me...
I'm so stupid. I should have never left the palace. Rebellion was not me at all. I'd rather be at home reading in the library. They put a plush chair in there too. But no, I went out dancing without telling anyone and now I'm dead.

Oh god.

Harry.

He has no idea I was dead, or even gone. He was still beating the crap out of that guy who pushed me. What a hot head. I touched the arm that was bruised, but there was no bruise. I pressed harder on my arm, hoping to feel the pain, but there was none. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. My tears started to dampen my forearm

"I let everybody down"

I sat quietly, hating myself. The quiet was daunting, was this my eternity? Silence in Hades?...

Just then laughter broke me out of my depressing trance. It was so silent the little laugh scared me. The laughter continued, I looked up and saw a rectangular door way, the opening went up all the way to the ceiling. The light coming from it was so bright it was washed in white light.