Kiss

Thanks for halls patience

I still stared at the door as I went down the hall to make sure he wasn't coming after me.

"He's crazy he's gonna get himself killed!" I whispered to myself as a walked quickly down the hall. Pankration? Was he insane!? And that comment about me, uuh!

Was I such a burden last night when he was begging for more of me?

"Prince charming put his foot in his mouth again?" I turned to see Persious standing in the quaridor.. seemingly for no reason.

"Oh ahh.." I blushed.

"Come with me" he grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the outside of the house. Before I knew it we were walking through a garden.

"What troubles you." His eyes were gentle and friendly. His whole demeanor was warm and inviting, as if nothing bad was happening right now.

"I cannot say" I look away from him.

"I've already been made aware of your undying love for my cousin, if that is what is holding you back."

"Yes- that and..you're the lord of Corinth."

"Do I have liberty to speak freely?"

He looked surprisingly at me.

"Always" he replied in his deep gentle voice.

"Pankration. That's my issue." I only whispered it.

"You do realize he's a prince"
He raised a brow at me.

"And he'll be dead if he fights." I spoke sharper than intended.

"He'll be dead if you don't give him permission to fight." He said softly.

I looked back to him, blinking back tears.

"I've never known my cousin to ask permission for anything. Nannies were terrified of him, other kids never wanted to play with him. He has cursed out council members. He's always been unapologetic, a bit of an asshole really." He smiled.

I smiled too, Harry's brash attitude is what makes him..him.

"But. I've never, ever seen him stand for someone like he'd done that night, or hold his tongue. Not even for his mother and she's his favorite person in the world." I looked down at my shoes- embarrassed. Shoes Harry had made for me.

"I'm glad you came along honestly. Id been worried about him for a while. Everyone had. The way he handled power was abismal. He made tones of maids cry, insulted artist,generals you name it. He lived at parties but also seems to never have any friends. Partly because they did treat him differently after his father had passed. Leonidus didn't have to adopt Harry. In traditional Spartan costume he should have killed him, and his mother. "
I didn't know what to say. I looked down in my hands at the wide toothed comb he'd given me.. I didn't even say thank you...

"His breakdown" I said remembering his mental breakdown after his father passed. It was after I'd stopped being his friend. I don't remember exactly what happened but it was serious. I hid in the library those days. There was talk of how the king was dead, how Harry was now king at thirteen. He was already so mean to me a prince and now he was a king? I was for sure he'd be twice as nasty to me now that he was king of the whole of Sparta. But Harry ran away..
That's when Lionidus stepped in. Lionidus was close friends with the old king he knew about how he treated his wife and child. He married the queen quickly. Harry was gone for almost 3 weeks. No one knows where Harry ran away to, or who convinced him to come home...I'd never asked.