Aphrodites slave

A drunk. I'm going to become a drunk. Did I think I would be King? I've been too ambitious. Privileged. I've had gold on me since I was born, forged in battle, told I'd be great. I'd rule and conquer all. But I am but a drunk, how can I rule when I get too drunk to stand each time?
How could I forget how strong the wine in Corinth is? Maybe I didn't forget. Maybe I wanted to be a useless drunk.

I couldn't remember.

The only thing I could think of was my sticky , numb lips and bloody hands. Lamenting my life , I sat in the ball room of this beautiful Corinthian hall. Once housing a better me, sweeping across the floor gracefully with Mata Hari. Once looking every bit as princely as I am thought to be. Now I'm just another drunk on his last bottle.

Right in the middle. Just a chair, me, and a barrel of rum. Oh and broken bottles. Id smashed them on the walls a few times. Servants had been coming in on occasion to clean up the shards of hard clay and glass but it started to annoy me so I told them to leave me and not come back in.

In the Agoge, during my birth fathers time, your first kill was a slave. A right of passage for bigoted sons of even more bigoted fathers. When my father abolished the practice, there was an uphevil. But the law still stands.

Any man who murders a slave there's or otherwise will be killed as penence.

A harsh law by nature. Despite our proudness of our female might, Sparta still forbids woman to lead officially. Killing a slave in Sparta then meant a family losing everything. So, they simply decided slavery had no place in Sparta. I was still very young when this happened which means by the time my mission into the wilderness came, I had nothing to do but stay alive. I didn't kill anything but a wolf that had been scouting me deep in the bush. We hunted each other, I won the day. It earned me the moniker "Day Wolf".

Harrious Germanicus Oransious, scourge of fathers, crown prince of Sparta, Day Wolf.

The dog.

The drunk.

It hurts.

Gods it hurts.

But who am I to be so arrogant. I'd done the same. I'd done the same and she'd forgave me. We'd both almost lost our lives for our love. I'd like to think I'm a changed man, less selfish, less brash, less wild. This day proved otherwise. I'd destroy everything before I allowed myself to feel like this.

She kissed him.

The hubris I'd once felt faltered completely. Did I think she'd really only have eyes for a man like me? After I'd raped her? After I'd forced her to come all this way.

I took another huge swig of the remaining wine. Kill it all.

I thought as the liquid burned its way down. Kill every shred of Harrious there is left.

"Hello?" A woman's voice rang from the door of the parlor.

"Oh my" I didn't need to look up to know she was smiling as she approached my pathetic form in the chair.

"Haz? You look a spirit" Still smiling.

"Ugh you've done this?" Her voice was playfully angry. She didn't care enough to be genuinely angry like Hari would. Hari would walk in here and plop right down in the puddles of wine around me and tell me I'm an idiot.

I missed her. The bottle lifted to my sticky lips right on cue.

"He's dead you know? Angry mob tore him in shredded over you"

She must mean Marcusious

I still looked down at my lap. Not having the energy to look up at her.

"You're lying. I can tell because you were never any good at it." I was roused to speak, and look up at her.

Calpurnia looked down at me. Her large breast spilled out from her top underneath so that I could see the brass coins covering just her nipples.

"Leave me alone" I frowned. Was it bad enough I'd lost twice in one day. Now my old girlfriend was here to molest me too?! Just then I thought of Mata Hari. The twisted pain in her face as she recalled me kissing Ayyah. I secret, evil part of me wanted to see it again.

"Don't you miss me at all?" A tear ran down her cheek.

"Haz" she called me my nickname and moved my hair back. I pulled her in then. Held her hips. I just wanted to feel something other then anger and sadness.

"Your eyes are still the most beautiful I've ever seen"

I pulled her so that she straddled me.

She arched her back and made herself comfortable on my lap.

"Just sleep with her. Just once"

Again, I'm thinking about Mata Hari. How this sight would break her heart again. I haven't been able think of anything BUT her since that night. This time she'd never forgive me. This time I'd loose her forever. Images of a younger Hari running half naked out of the bathhouse crossed my temples.

The thought made me sick. I couldn't even get myself arroused because of it. Oh course. Aphrodite would rather sacrifice her beauty than let me break my love for Hari. Was I forced to only have eyes for Mata Hari for the remainder of my life? Why make me fall so deeply in love with a woman I could only ruin. An oasis in my vast dessert.

The woman on my lap kissed my neck and sobbed achingly against my throat.

"Please? Fill me once more. Make love to me like you did once. You tore me that night. Do it again, please.."

I pushed her out from my lap.

"Enough of this."

She stood and turned expressionlessly to the door.

"I hope you truly love this one Harrious"

"Because you will ruin her if you do. Then you'll be back."

I didn't watch her leave. I was too busy bringing the clay ramekin against my stained lips. 

Authors note:

I started writing this while I was super young, and the problematic elements have kept me away. Also just life and school. But I do care about this story and I read every comment. They make me laugh. I have a ending planned for this novel and I do plan on finishing it. Sorry for staying gon so long.