His grace

CHAPTER 9

He walked close with me and I struggled to keep up with him. I kept tripping over roots and fallen branches

"Damn" I said as a branch scraped my leg. I pouted and looked up at him. He walked through ease through the brush, as it if wasn't even there.

"Ouch!" I said as I stepped on a rock.

"How can you see in this darkness" I whispered annoyed, now almost behind him.

"How can you not" he said mumbled dryly. Just then I gasped and tripped on a big rock. I reached out and took a handful of his shirt.

"Oh of all the.." He said annoyed.
He scooped me up and cradled me to his chest. I gasped in surprise but didn't protest. I was glad I didn't have to walk any longer. I felt a bit self conscious with all my weight in his hands but he didn't seem to mind. Or if he did he didn't show it. The night air was breezy and I nestled into his warm chest.

"What am I doing"

Damn, I never noticed how good he smelled... like fresh linen, flowers...honey? Mmmmm...

He shifted uncomfortably and I felt his eyes on me. I peeked up at him and he was for sure looking down on me curiously. Oops. I was smelling him to noticeably.

"I-I'm not too heavy?"

"No" he answered plainly.

"You...did something different to your hair." He said matter of factly.

"No" I said in a puzzles tone. A good brush and a few framing braids..

"Ugh- no I mean recently you- I mean you usually wore it in a big braid no?"

"I haven't worn my hair like that in 2 years" I said quietly. I guess after the incident he slowly started to not envelopes see me anymore. It had been 5 years after all.

"Oh" I could almost hear his jaw flex. His warm hands feeling that warmer, his chest radiating under  his clothes.

"Are we there yet", I said in a irritated voice.
I needed to get away from him. The more time I spend with him the more I get this heady feeling I can't quite describe

"Yah" he said dropping me

I almost fell but I caught myself and stumbled my self straight.

"Jackass" I muttered

He's still the same jerk.

He rolled his eyes and pulled me in for a kiss. His lips pressed gently on mine. I can't lie, he is a good kisser.

"Back at you." he said nonchalantly as he walked down the small slope down to the back doors of the palace.

I fumed for a second. I walked dazed on the other side and made my way quiet and scared as shit to the servants quarters.

It was still dark you know.

I laid in my bed thinking about tonight.

And what I've decided is that men are more emotional then women.

Especially princes with blond curls.

First he was excited to see me and all of a sudden he's so passionless and dry.

Then he's likable then he's not! but whatever, I don't need that ass in my life. Just until the men leave for war.

That was the whole reason general August had been asked to come and stay for so long.

When they leave the house will be back to normal and this ridiculous pay to live nonsense would be lifted.

I drifted to sleep in my thoughts...