An honest man

It rained.

I ran.

It poured as I ran back to the house. The very drops beating me. They mixed with pounding of my heart. The pounding in my head.

I ran up to the palace gate and slipped in, knocked on the door. A rather annoyed looking door man answered.

"No beggar"

"I'm not a beggar"

"I'm staying here with the Spartan court. I went out alone and got caught in the rain."

"Do you want to be the one who tells the prince why I'm not in his chambers? I suggest you move" I said trying not to cry.

"Should I get you anything?.."

"No, thank you."

I slammed the door behind me.

I reached behind me and quickly pulled out each string of ribbon that kept my dress on my shivering form.

The thunder cracked as I looked into the mirror...into myself.

"Don't tell him." His last words rang in my head. Id pulled myself from that man and ran out of the room furiously.

I stared at myself in the mirror. My wet curls fell flatly around my face. I couldn't believe myself. Harry would be more pissed than ever. I could still feel his woolen like facial scruff rubbing against my face as we embraced...

"Why did I.." I reached up and touched my lips.

Thunder cracked and I jumped in fear. It cackles again and, for just a moment..I could see the man from the house of the undying behind me.

I swirled around but there was nothing there.

I found some towels to dry my hair with and lit a lamp before putting my clothes on.

I sat still on the bed to stare at the girl within the confines of the mirror...

The blush irritated marks from his whiskers no longer stained my skin with the same intensity as they did when I came in.

"What are you going to do now?" I pressed myself.
"The only thing you can. Tell him"

The thunder rumbled deeply outside, filling the now seemingly small quarters dubbed The Rose Room. Surly this was God himself chortling gently from his heavenly bastion at me and the mess I'd made for myself. He had good cause too as well.

I didn't even hear the door open.

"That rain came from nowhere!" He laughed shutting the door.

I became a statue. What I had done playing woefully in my scull again. I'd done it this time. I was the cheater.

He walked up to my frozen form and placed his hand on my stomach.

He smelled really nice, his hair was wet too.

"How is my baby doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean- what if we made a baby?"