Isaac

I thumbed through my book trying to find the page I had dog earred the day before.
For once I didn't care about being in the bathhouse naked. I didn't even wrap my towel around myself walking up to the warm pool. I walked right in and stretched out into the water letting my hair get heavy and wet. I had plenty of money for a privet bath, acctually. I didn't think i would ever enjoy a public bath enough to get halfway into the pool. I ran oil through my hair. The rain water had made it so dry and this coconut oil smells so good...

I needed this. I needed a distraction so I wouldn't think about Harry. If I thought about him then I would start missing him and I wanted to be the stubborn one. I wanted to be the bad one this time. Harry is so reckless, he's lived a life most people couldn't even dream up. He gets to do what he pleases when he pleases, even hopping into the arena and include himself in the games. No normal man could do that. No normal man could most things he does.

"Hey can you act your age for once?" I heard voices say in the pool across from me.

"Lighten up Isaac" the other boy laughed. Just then it dawned on me that I was the only person who brought a book into the bathhouse, and that bringing a book was probably not the best idea because now the bottom of the book was drenched. I peeked over the book in my hands. The two boys in the other pool looked familiar to me. 

The shorter boy laughed at his friend who was trotting angrily away from him.

"Man it's only natural"

"You're sick" the other light brown haired boy said, holding his nose.

I giggled. They both turned in my direction and I poked my head back down into my book.

Oh no...I hope they didn't..

"Always reading huh?" The shorter boy was standing over me. He was wearing a white robe and the water from his hair dripped on my paper.

I just looked up at him not knowing what to say. He had taken me by complete surprise.

"Leave her alone man" the other boy pulled himself out of the pool, i looked away and my face heated up. He pulled his towel around his waist too and he was blushing now.

"No need for shame, everyone is naked here...including you" the guy smiled looking at my body through the clear waters. I knitted my brow and before I could properly cuss him out his friend spoke.

"I'm Isaac" he said holding his arm out for me to shake. He had light brown hair and his eyes were green. His squared jaw and straight nose looked familiar. He looked at me and blushed heavily. 

"You're from the palace?", I asked.

I remember him running frantically through the palace that day. He saved me from an awkward conversation with my mom. I gave him a timid smile and shook the still outstretched hand.

"Uh- yea, I'm the uh squire" his face had turned even more red as I shook his hand. I cocked my head to the side and he look up, looking guilty. My other hand flew to my chest.

His friend chuckled loudly.

"No-no I'm sorry it's not-" my cheeks burned hot.

Oh my god..he's staring at my..

He bent down and reached into the water where my crotch was. I screamed.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

"Y-your book" he yanked the book out of the water as it was about to sink under. "it was getting wet"
His green eyes were like saucer plates as he held the book out to me.
My eyes darted to the other people in our section of the bath house who had now stopped their conversations and idle bathing to look at us.