Betrayal

My anger blinded me. I looked at the fear in my loves eyes and welcomed it. I'd show her  what fear was. Id let myself become soft with her. I should have beat Marcuciois into the ground the minute I saw him holding her hand. It was more then common politeness, he had a plan. He wanted to get me here. To kill me in Pankration. Dammit Mata Hari. I didn't want to control her but she'll get herself killed out here.

I walked right up to the arena door and placed my palm on the rigid splinter wood.

I jumped at the feeling of a hand on my shoulder.

"My. I nearly mistook you for a bull." The old man chuckled. I turned to him with tears in my eyes and let them fall pathetically down my reddened cheeks.

I sobbed like an idiot.

"I've never feared you before now" he admitted

"I'm going to kill him." I said wiping my face. "He tried to take all that I love, now it's time for me to take what he loves, himself."

"Killing does not make one a man, not killing also does not make one a man. The Nobel dog only kills when his back is against the wall. Not when his bone has been taken"

"I'm not a dog."

***

I walked into the arena, my eyes still brimmed with tears.  I thought if I'd ever kill a man it would be in battle. It would be cold and quick. I wasn't supposed to know that mans name or face, just the sound of his pained scream. Now I was ready to kill a man in the name of love. No...jealousy. Ugly stupid jealousy.  the stupidest shit I've ever done.

The crowd cheered and banged on the wood of the arena seats as I entered. I looked up to see Marcucious being brought forward.
Marc was brought in in chains. The man who was once a desired dandy much like myself was dirty and weak looking. He'd already been beaten rather severely.

The man was dropped to his knees in front of me. A rusty dagger was fastened to him top.

"Long time no see? How is Mata Hari doing?"

I blacked out.

***

Mata Hari POV

I  paced uncomfortably. All my fault. This was all my fault and I..i had no solution. In all my studies i haddent encountered a character as rediculous and problematic as myself. Not even the boastful  Gilgamesh would have done something this dumb.

The guard had me whisked away as Harry had commanded. I stood behind everyone, hand over my mouth and the fabric of my dress clenched into a ball. I had to pull it together. Eyes were everywhere. I composed myself enough to not look like the mess I felt.

I pushed my self through to the front of the balcony as I saw them; Harry and Marc...

He looked up at me... nothing but pure anger.

Marcucious said something to Harry that made him angry. I could tell because the muscles in his jaw rolled. Even from way up here I could see it.

"I cannot bare it" I stepped away from the balcony then, and ran to the corridor.

A man will die for my stupidity...

"Hay!" Harry's cousin approached me looking..angry